Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

German/Brittish axe?

Article about: Hi everybody, I just dropped in here and I have some questions. I went searching here in Limburg(Holland) and near a German trench and some foxholes we found a vehicle shovel and a couple of

Default German/Brittish axe?

Hi everybody,

I just dropped in here and I have some questions. I went searching here in Limburg(Holland) and near a German trench and some foxholes we found a vehicle shovel and a couple of meters further we found an axe. Does anyone knows if this axe is WW2? Some people say it is WW2 others say it's civil. Maybe one of you guys know more.

The axe is 13CM long and I thought there might be a stamp in the red rectangle? I hope you guys can help me.

Best regards
    Kevin
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture German/Brittish axe?  

Default Re: German/Brittish axe?

Nobody?

Hi Kevin, welcome to the forum!

The shape does not remind me of anything British issue. Sorry I cannot help more than that.

Cheers, Ade.

Hi Kevin

Are you sure its not Saxon ?

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Thanks for the welcome Ade! @ Wolfspear, I don't think it's Saxon because it layed 15-20 cm deep and it would look very good if it was that old. It also could be civil but it was found near a German trench.