Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

German relics found in Vari-Voula-Vouliagmeni, Greece

Article about: Hi all, this is my first time posting my founds on this forum (except my https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/new-u...ctiona-832291/). In this post I will show you some things I found at a wild mo

Sky
    ?

Default German relics found in Vari-Voula-Vouliagmeni, Greece

Hi all, this is my first time posting my founds on this forum (except my Self introduction。). In this post I will show you some things I found at a wild mountain near my home at the south part of Vari-Voula-Vouliagmeni hoping you can help me figure out what are they, a lot of them are unmarked so I will show you only those who has markings or with special shapes. The only clue I have is that they belongs to luftwaffe and maybe some of them are parts from aircraft and I will number the pictures and items (for exemple: 1-2 means item 1, picture 2) so we can have a better communication. Let's get started!

Markings: 2-2: 2 3
    3-1: FJ30511 AUER
    3-2: AUER (logo)
    4-1, 4-2: 33
    5-1: ZIEH HIER
    5-2: QRP
    6-2: leaf or six pointed star?
    7-1: BAL 499
    9-1: Muster: Oldruckbremse Grosse: 460Φ Z.Nr. 8-3606 D-1 Werk Nr. N9042
    10-1: P.R.E. 3 Lieferer: Tlefunken Bauart: Telefunken(LOGO) Herst.: Telefunken Gerat Nr. 124-257A Werk Nr. 152677-41 Anforder Z. Ln 27823
    20-1: DI.6 or Dl.6
    27-1: OPF or whaterver
    Any help would be appreciated
    Just ask me if you want more pictures
    At the last, if you reached the end, Thank you for your patient!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture German relics found in Vari-Voula-Vouliagmeni, Greece   German relics found in Vari-Voula-Vouliagmeni, Greece  

German relics found in Vari-Voula-Vouliagmeni, Greece   German relics found in Vari-Voula-Vouliagmeni, Greece  

German relics found in Vari-Voula-Vouliagmeni, Greece   German relics found in Vari-Voula-Vouliagmeni, Greece  

Hi Sky.

I have moved your thread to the battlefield history and relics section of the forum because you are likely to get answers here.

Kind regards,

Will.

Some nice relics there Sky! “Men with Hills Militaria” sell aircraft relics on their website, so you might be able to recognise some bits from having a look on there.

Andy

?

5-1 and 5-2 look like a press stud. ZIEH HIER translates to 'PULL HERE'.

17-1 and 17-2 look like an eyelet.

22-1 and 22-2 look like an eyelet.

29 is a bullet. If German, likely to be a 9mm.

A bit hard to tell with with some because there is no size reference next to the pieces.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Quote by Adrian View Post
    5-1 and 5-2 look like a press stud. ZIEH HIER translates to 'PULL HERE'.
    A German copy of the American 'lift-the-dot' fastener.
    I wonder which came first?
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Hi there.

I had a quick search and found a piece of German equipment that uses the 'lift the dot' snap ( 5-1 and 5-2)

An original German parachute bag dating from the Second World War.

This pattern of bag was used throughout the Second World War by both the Luftwaffe and the Fallschirmjäger. It was used for the RZ1, RZ20, RZ36 and all Pilots parachutes.

Original WW2 German Luftwaffe / Fallschirmjager Parachute Bag

Kind regards,

Will.

Willmore beat me to it, but undoubtably these fragments are aircraft related. The ZIEH HIER fastener was also used on Fallschirmjäger gasmask bags, although in this case I believe it is indeed from a parachute bag.

It may be that a search of casualty card records from this location may throw up names of crew casualties - although Greek/German place name spellings may prove a challenge.

?

Here are the ZIEH HIER studs on a Luftwaffe seat parachute:

Pictures from The Historic Flying Clothing Company website.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture German relics found in Vari-Voula-Vouliagmeni, Greece   German relics found in Vari-Voula-Vouliagmeni, Greece  

?

10-1

Telefunken is a company that made radios.

The plate is therefore likely from a communication device such as a radio. The plate translates something like:

P.R.E.3........................................... ........................Device No. 124-257A
    Supplier: Telefunken........................................ ........Work No. 152677-41
    Type: Telefunken (LOGO) Manufacturer: Telefunken......Requester Z. Ln 27823

Sky
    ?

You are right with item 22 but the item 17 has a diameter bigger tha an eyelet, 4.6cm. Also I also suspect that 29 is bullet and if it is should to be U.S. .25 but it's hollow inside, without any lead core. I will add size reference in future pictures, thank you!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast