Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Hunting for an STG44!

Article about: Hi guys, I'm new to this forum but have been collecting for years, I am desperately looking for an stg44 relic as I have a nice set of magazine's and various components but no rifle! does an

Default Hunting for an STG44!

Hi guys, I'm new to this forum but have been collecting for years, I am desperately looking for an stg44 relic as I have a nice set of magazine's and various components but no rifle! does anyone have some advise as regards to where to look? I cannot stretch anywhere near a nice deactivated one as they are crazy money!

Thanks for your advice in advanced.

Andy

One sold for around $800 on ebay just a few days ago, the barrel was bent in all sorts of different angles --- other than that they appear from time to time on various dealer sites, not that often though. I got mine some years back from a dealer that had a few at that point, haven't seen many complete examples since. Unfortunately most diggers seem reluctant to ship these relic weapons, especially the bigger ones... handguns are easier. Contacting ebay sellers that carry this type of ground dug finds may be rewarding... other than that there's the forum classifieds, like the one on here or simply checking relic militaria dealer sites often.

Quote by slados28 View Post
    One sold for around $800 on ebay just a few days ago, the barrel was bent in all sorts of different angles --- other than that they appear from time to time on various dealer sites, not that often though. I got mine some years back from a dealer that had a few at that point, haven't seen many complete examples since. Unfortunately most diggers seem reluctant to ship these relic weapons, especially the bigger ones... handguns are easier. Contacting ebay sellers that carry this type of ground dug finds may be rewarding... other than that there's the forum classifieds, like the one on here or simply checking relic militaria dealer sites often.
    Thanks for the info! I have a few people in Latvia who are actively looking for me so hopefully they will find something, and yes you're right most people are unwilling to ship complete specimens, one day I will find one!

Sounds like you are on the right path then --- do let me know if you come across more than one example, when/if the time comes. I'm actually looking to upgrade mine

If you look around, especially in the Battlefield Archaeology section, you will see that they are actually found quite often... various types of condition of course but, still... some of these diggers must have piles of relic MP40s and STG44s just laying around--

I bid on that eBay MP44 - I threw in a $500 bid, had it for a while, but it went up in the last hour or so.

I am not sure what I would have done with it, I prefer the real ones. I did take a quick look and found a rusted barrel that was straight that I figured I could swap out to make a prettier wall hanger, lol.

I placed a bid myself, just in case it became one of those "under the radar" ebay auctions... IF I had gotten I would most likely have left it alone. It ended up going too high for me though.

The relative shortage of relic guns in general online must be due to stricter laws in certain countries re. anything that even remotely looks like a gun. That said, I got both my stg44 and P08 through customs without any problems... seems the problem might be actually getting these relic guns out of the countries they are found in and not so much into another country.

Yes - I know what you mean.

There was an Mkb42(w) (Walther not Haenel) lower from a Berlin seller a couple of months ago, hovering around the $70 mark.
    It was mis-named and titled, I threw in a bid (and tried to explain to the seller what it was, who didn't respond.)
    But, it was spotted by two bidders who bid it up into the high-hundreds at the last hour.
    Certainly Ebay seems to be the place to sell them as long as the auction doesn't get flagged.

pitfighter,

Sometimes you see nice relic Mkb42 stamped clips come up for sale mislabled as StG 44 as well.

?

they are not clips they are magazines!!!!!!!!!!!

pitfighter and I are always looking for MP-44/stg-44 or MKB42 parts in good condition

oh we also are looking for Magazines in functional condition

Jack