Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

license plate WH 184 190

Article about: Hi, Can you guys help me to determine this license plate, please? I think it`s for the front mud-guard of some motorcycle, but I don`t know which. It`s from the demarkation line in Czech Rep

Default license plate WH 184 190

Hi,

Can you guys help me to determine this license plate, please? I think it`s for the front mud-guard of some motorcycle, but I don`t know which. It`s from the demarkation line in Czech Republic.
    Which unit did it belong to and what type of motorcycle was it on?
    cca 7 cm x 30 cm (height x wight)

Thanks
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture license plate WH 184 190   license plate WH 184 190  

You will never know what motorcycle it came from, unless you can find the rest of it nearby. The number appears quite low so I'd say it might have been lost early in the conflict rather than at the end.

I have an interest in old motorcycles, but I've never seen a wartime photo of a German made military motorcycle with a licence plate of that shape (clipped corner). But that's not to say it might be from a motorcycle from another European nation with a captured bike pressed into German service. It does actually look like the type used on the British miltary BSA M20, but it might even be from a Czech motorbike. But I don't think it's German made.

license plate WH 184 190

Captured BSA M20

+1, only the SS plates are known.
    It's coming from the border near Bratislava?
    The best Militaria forum in France is here : http://deutsch-militaria.forumactif.us/

?

Hello

click on one ....

cordially
    Didier

This is interesting, thanks. Maybe it was a captured motorcycle in Wehrmacht service.

It`s not from near the border, but directly from the middle of Czech Republic.