Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Local history about 15th waffen ss division

Article about: Hello I’m going to tell you about some history in my area. During ww2 in Madonna Latvia the 19th and 15th waffen ss divisions had a field hospital in kalvi. In this same area there were rumo

?

Default Local history about 15th waffen ss division

Hello I’m going to tell you about some history in my area. During ww2 in Madonna Latvia the 19th and 15th waffen ss divisions had a field hospital in kalvi. In this same area there were rumors about a tank in the local swamp, these rumors are also backed up by the fact that my grandfather (a veteran of Chernobyl) found a piece of tank wheel rubber which fit the description of a German tank wheel in early 2009, he saw that the rubber did not look modern and it could not of been of modern origin because how would you get a piece of rubber there of that size in a swamp like there. Also it came from somewhere deeper in the swamp, so if there is a tank there it could be not even sunk that deep. Personally I think that a sdkfz 251 was sunken there or a panzer iv

TWS
    ?

Does anyone intend to mount an expedition to find the alleged sunken vehicle?
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

?

There was a expedition by some local hunters but from what I heard they know nothing about where it allegedly was, and hunted in the completely wrong place, so my grandfather kicked them out of his half property. This was somewhere around 5 years ago