Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Military Colourised Photos

Article about: Hello, Thread for colourised war photos from all periods.

RTH
    ?

Quote by MAP View Post
    Looks great. Who am I to critique...but I would think the collar should be less black and a bit more dark green
    Thank you

RTH
    ?

Quote by Daniel View Post
    Hello,
    I think photo looks good. I agree with what MAP said about the dark green collar, but the rest of it seems to be done very nicely. Also could the person pictured possibly have had brown eyes? Just a thought.
    I have never colourised photos before but hope to give it a try sometime soon.

Regards,
    Daniel
    Quite possibly, I only know a few people with dark hair and blue eyes but I'm not sure how exactly to do brown eyes. It seems I can only do blue and green.

Many thanks

RTH
    ?

I also think that under the cap peak needs to be blacker. If you look at your skin, where the light is hitting it the most, there is very little colour, it just is normally white and where the light is hitting it the least, it will be much darker, often just black under the peak of a cap in this instance. I normally can change this using blend if (when I am using a gradient map) but this time I tried using a method recommended by one senior member on reddit.com/r/Colorization and blend if isn't really feasible. If anyone who does do Photoshop would be so kind as to recommend a fix (John4022, MedicalAmmunitionCrate, looking at you ) I would be most grateful.

Cheers and thanks

R

RTH
    ?

Revised version, still not sure about the eyes.

MAP
    ?

Much better on the collar! Good job.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

RTH
    ?

Another one I did. Still not 100% happy with this one either, but then again, I never am. I would be grateful if someone could give me some points to improve on. I used a gradient map this time. Which variant does everyone think is better/prefer.

Last edited by RTH; 08-03-2021 at 03:19 AM.

MAP
    ?

I like the last one the best but the eyes need to be toned down a bit.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

RTH
    ?

I should really put the three up for a poll. I prefer the last one myself. I added some yellow tint after studying this photo.

Last one is my favorite as well. Just tone down the bright eyes and maybe go lower on the opacity. Just keep practicing and it will come naturally.

RTH
    ?

Quote by John4022 View Post
    Last one is my favorite as well. Just tone down the bright eyes and maybe go lower on the opacity. Just keep practicing and it will come naturally.
    Thank you. Yes, I can feel it coming a lot more easier now - weird how practise really does make perfect.

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast