Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

More P-51 / P-47 collision relics

Article about: Thanks to everybody who has supplied extra information about this incident. Below are a few more pictures of items from Slanker's P-51 : Firstly are a couple of views of the spent ammunition

Default More P-51 / P-47 collision relics

Thanks to everybody who has supplied extra information about this incident. Below are a few more pictures of items from Slanker's P-51 : Firstly are a couple of views of the spent ammunition ejection ports from the underside of the wings .... The next picture shows part of the runner on which the canopy slid ... Lastly there is something that I'm sure that Steve will recognise ... an exhaust stub.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture More P-51 / P-47 collision relics   More P-51 / P-47 collision relics  

More P-51 / P-47 collision relics   More P-51 / P-47 collision relics  

Default Re: More P-51 / P-47 collision relics

Forgot to include the following picture - one of the many pieces of self-sealing fuel tank found around the woods where this accident occured ...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture More P-51 / P-47 collision relics  

Default Re: More P-51 / P-47 collision relics

Nice !

I love the exhaust stub Excellent quality steel with really good corrosion resistance It looks like it has had some welding done to it 'in the field'.

AND....don't forget I found a MG belt ejector port from a P51 We could marry the two up !

Steve T
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture More P-51 / P-47 collision relics   More P-51 / P-47 collision relics  

More P-51 / P-47 collision relics  

?

That last part in the first post, is from a merlin engine. Raul

Quote by Raul View Post
    That last part in the first post, is from a merlin engine. Raul
    The engine used in the P-51 Mustang was a Packard V-1650-7, a license-built copy of the British Merlin 66, so it makes sense.

Regards, B.B.