Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

My finds.... any info greatfully recieved!

Article about: hi My finds yesterday, only a couple of things....obviously i know that one is a plate/bowl, and more than likely military!, and maybe an early one,...but the other item.....who knows!??? i

ukgal
    ?

Default My finds.... any info greatfully recieved!

hi

My finds yesterday, only a couple of things....obviously i know that one is a plate/bowl, and more than likely military!, and maybe an early one,...but the other item.....who knows!???

i would be very greatfull, if anyone has any in put on these items!!
    im sorry to be a pest...i am very new to this!!
    thank you all so very much!
    Gina
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My finds.... any info greatfully recieved!   My finds.... any info greatfully recieved!  

My finds.... any info greatfully recieved!   My finds.... any info greatfully recieved!  

CMc
    ?

Default Re: My finds.... any info greatfully recieved!

It's a total guess, but since the mystery item was found in proximity to a bowl, and it's about the right shape, could it be a saucepan lid? From those pictures it seems to have a bit for a handle or similar to go onto, and from pictures I've seen of old Soyer Stoves and the pots that would've been used with them, that looks a little bit like the lid of one to me. Might well be wrong though!

Hi Gina,

What type of site are you searching?

Lee

ukgal
    ?

thanks guys for your replies!

the plate was dug up, from a dissused pit!,(plenty more to be dug up there, just got too dark!

and the other was dug up from and old camp, where the huts used to be!

woodyuk, im searching rather a large area, where the candians had set up camp during ww1 and ww2.
    thanks
    Gina

UKgal

I believe the round rusted object could well be in the precise location it's meant to be in your picture......on top of your cooker It looks like the hot plate from a pot bellied stove. I find lots of bits of stove on WW2 barrack sites, mostly doors and lids etc.....and they look very similar to your item. In your picture it is upside down, the 'lug' being the hinge that connected it to the main body of the stove.

As for your other item, any chance of a close up of the mark that I can see on it ?

Cheers

Steve T

Quote by Steve T View Post
    UKgal

I believe the round rusted object could well be in the precise location it's meant to be in your picture......on top of your cooker It looks like the hot plate from a pot bellied stove. I find lots of bits of stove on WW2 barrack sites, mostly doors and lids etc.....and they look very similar to your item. In your picture it is upside down, the 'lug' being the hinge that connected it to the main body of the stove.
    I think your right steve.