Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Nazi War Diggers back again !!

Article about: Sadly after all the furore around the horrendous Nazi war Diggers programme two years ago featuring Craig Gottleib and our former modereator Steve T that led to the show being withdrawn by N

How fitting a fate for "Nazi War Diggers"... they hastily buried the program amidst the battle raging around it, allowed it to rest for a while in anonymity, let a little grass grow over it, then dug it up again, dusted it off and now it's back as "Battlefield Recovery": New title, same great product!

Their promo shots make me think of this:

Quote by avenger View Post
    Their promo shots make me think of this:

Notice how Gottlieb's shovel has still got all the paint on the blade, the stone cold little grafter him.....
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Anything with "Him" in it is doomed to failure regardless....
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Without seeing the program you are all unable to comment on how the remains are treated. As for its previous name that was chosen by the channel, and something that was out of the control of the presenters.
    In fact the witch hunt by people on this forum who Steve obviously thought were his friends and who would realise that he would never be involve with anything that was any way illegal or disrespectful is shameful.

?

Richard unfortunately the original trailers for the programme were the reason for the International condemnation of this programme , so we have seen what they intended to portray, showing disrespect for human remains and Archaeological procedure led to an outcry across the world , not just on this forum.

There was no witch hunt at all , the programme and presenters condemned themselves i'm afraid. The programme was disrespectful to the fallen and unfortunately for Steve as a presenter he was involved in that.
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

More than enough could be read and seen about the upcoming program during its first appearance in the media to form a well-justified negative opinion about the whole enterprise.

But if I knew nothing more about it, the above promo shot of Major Craig's howling shovel commandos would be enough for me to kill any wish to watch it.

Quote by Paul D View Post
    The programme was disrespectful to the fallen and unfortunately for Steve as a presenter he was involved in that.
    How can you say that, you haven't seen the full episode/series so have no idea what is shown! All the relevant local & government authorities were involved with the production.
    So instead of slating something, perhaps watch the full episode and then decide.

Quote by Richard_J View Post
    How can you say that, you haven't seen the full episode/series so have no idea what is shown! All the relevant local & government authorities were involved with the production.
    So instead of slating something, perhaps watch the full episode and then decide.
    Know the history of the main Character ...( AND I MEAN ALL OF IT )....and then you will decide.

Separate and apart from personal glory..I also agree with the statements the show is only based on ratings. Nothing more..almost the same as watching Jerry Springer..where those who feast on others ill will.
    I find it very tacky where the main character is seen struggling pulling a skeletal arm still attached to the corpse and not coming out of the ground.

TV has amassed into the wretched !
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

CBH
    ?

With Rupert Murdock now owning NGO , I figure the bad programming has just begun ! I fine magazine and OK TV channel , now in the hands of FOX News ! I'm sure it will be all garbage in no time . Right Wing propaganda and nothing more .
    I felt really bad for Steve and the way things turned out . And I too don't see the big difference in digging with or without TV cameras .

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast