MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Please help ID WW2 buckle and hooks (mediterranean German sea bunker)

Article about: Hello fellow battlefield enthusiasts. Annoyed from this ads?   These 3 items I post to ask for your knowledgeable help to identify them. I've had them for some months now, not new finds

?

Default Please help ID WW2 buckle and hooks (mediterranean German sea bunker)

Hello fellow battlefield enthusiasts.
    These 3 items I post to ask for your knowledgeable help to identify them.
    I've had them for some months now, not new finds, but I was unable to identify them myself.
    They were found as stated around my favorite searching spot, a WW2 german bunker on the greek coast that has seen some fighting between the germans and allied and greek troops back then.

The larger hook is made of alluminum, I've seen it before on the forum in relation to wehrmacht relics but with no description as to what it comes from.
    The smaller semicircular hook is made of brass, as far as I can tell, it has some nice green patina, sorry the pics are not good. It looks like it was part of some kind of "snap" hook, I don't know if this is fitting the WW2 period or if it is of more recent origin, in other words trash.
    The square buckle is made of alluminum I have another one that is partial though, they were found close on to another and it looks like it would fit to an adjustable strap for something, goggles maybe.
    (The three-hole button I placed in the picture as a size reference).

The other picture is of a thing I found today at the same spot. It's like a ring with an internal rim that holds a black rubber disk with a cental hole, like someone has pierced it. It's made either of copper or brass, 2,5 cm in diameter, 1,3 cm high but it looks like it has been hammered on the top side... There are some markings reading "RYW", then a circle with a center dot like a target, "KIWA NF 22", where the "NF" (? I think...) is in an oval frame.
    This item, too could be some tossed modern junk, I have no clue.

Please help ID WW2 buckle and hooks (mediterranean  German sea bunker)

Please help ID WW2 buckle and hooks (mediterranean  German sea bunker)

If anyone knows what these are please let me know and if you could post a pic of another similar item for comparison I'd be grateful.

The large hook is a tunic belt hook/support!...

?

Wow great ID on the hook!
    I found some pictures online for my archive, thanks Gunny!

Bottom item may be the inside of a signal Flare

Which Greek coast if i may ask?

?

Attica coastline LizardKing.
    Kradman this KIWA logo has me perplexed. You mean maybe a modern signal flare, right?

?

Ok I IDed the copper (it is) cap thing it's modern junk, a pipe end cap from some heating system supplier... This is embarassing hahaha