Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Some stuff found in Belgium

Article about: Nice finds but I do not suggest to make such pictures where You are with panzerfaust or ammo. I'm 100% positive that it is not legal to own panzerfausts in Belgium. So please think what will

Default Re: Some stuff found in Belgium

Quote by Paul E View Post
    What don't you understand about the fact that the forum is interested in all digs /finds/relics etc but we do not condone illegal digging or law breaking ??
    What don't you understand about what I wrote - It's pretty clear? Again a mod taking it off topic?!
    The constant bagering of people who contribute great stuff to this site is boring and not needed. As mentioned already people are adult enough to abide by laws of the country they operate in. If not thats up to them ... Not sure why it concerns people so much.

Quote by watchcam View Post
    What don't you understand about what I wrote - It's pretty clear? Again a mod taking it off topic?!
    The constant bagering of people who contribute great stuff to this site is boring and not needed. As mentioned already people are adult enough to abide by laws of the country they operate in. If not thats up to them ... Not sure why it concerns people so much.
    Hey Watchcam,
    So you find it boring and not needed to inform the unknowing about the fact that what he is doing is illegal and a criminal offence in this country?
    A lot of diggers aren't aware of the laws and the concequences of infringing them, the aim was to inform and prevent that he has a bad encounter with the law, not you or any one else getting bored or getting the thread off-topic.
    I have a suggestion for you: "Read the forum rules!"

Regards,
    Steven

I just read them - I can't see any that say mods will play policeman and be expert on all laws relating to what is and what is not legal in each country on the globe.

I did find the below that are relevent though:
    -You are not a sender of unwanted and unrelated posts and emails.
    -members are expected to behave in an adult-like manner
    -members should refrain from making posts that "hijack"

Also relevent - 'Please remember that we are not responsible for any messages posted.'

PM me moving forward this is hijacking a post!? My apologies to all.

?

Quote by watchcam View Post
    I just read them - I can't see any that say mods will play policeman and be expert on all laws relating to what is and what is not legal in each country on the globe.

I did find the below that are relevent though:
    -You are not a sender of unwanted and unrelated posts and emails.
    -members are expected to behave in an adult-like manner
    -members should refrain from making posts that "hijack"

Also relevent - 'Please remember that we are not responsible for any messages posted.'

PM me moving forward this is hijacking a post!? My apologies to all.
    Always interesting when a member of 16 posts starts telling everyone how things should be done and / or moderated !!

The bottom line here is that if a mod feels that the posts in a thread appear to show illegal activity , as they do in this thread this will be challenged , not to " Hijack " the thread but to clarify if the activity is illegal or not . I am not an expert on the laws of every country in thw world with regard to metal detecting / digging etc which is why the opinions of other members who have such knowledge are are sought to clarify the matter.

Rules and guidance on these issues are given in the Battlefield Archaeology section for all to peruse and the standpoint of the forum is contained therein , whether you like it or not this will be the way that things will continue in the future.
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4