Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 222 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 54 104 ... LastLast

Stalingrad: digging near Gorodisсhe & Gumrak

Article about: by Sebastien I have not the metal detector I am feeling my ass where to dig Right now I have eyes, hands, feet and my spade is all that I use in my hobby

Default Re: Stalingrad: digging near Gorodisсhe & Gumrak

My friend dug up a Soviet bunker, there he found a zinc box with cartridges 7,62x54R. This was near Gorodisсhe.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Stalingrad: digging near Gorodisсhe & Gumrak   Stalingrad: digging near Gorodisсhe & Gumrak  

Ermm....if he found them in a bunker, why on earth did the soldiers re-form all those cartridges and bullets ? Every single one in that picture has been fired yet still has the bullet in place which is, to say the least, a little odd !

Steve T

Sorry, I didn't understand You enough well...
    Cartridges were whole in a box, cartridges with heavy bullets (the tip of the bullet is painted with yellow paint). Inside the box was cardboard paper with information about the party and the cartridges.
    We emptied the cartridges to avoid problems with the law.

I work at the company for installation of pumps. Summer I found this things))) on the basis of wholesale. It was found when digging a well in the city, but I do not know where.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Stalingrad: digging near Gorodisсhe & Gumrak   Stalingrad: digging near Gorodisсhe & Gumrak  

Reg
    ?

Quote by Sebastien View Post
    Dear Reg,
    You mean this sculptural composition that was close to the railway station Stalingrad-I.
    I agree with you, clothes like a fashion of the thirtieth - fortieth years.
    Hi Sebastien

Yes, thats the one, thanks for posting a picture for a comparison, I could find a good enough one at the time.

Cheers
    Reg

Wow, I can't tell you how much I appreciate seeing these types of things, I'm a half a world away and without posts like this I'd never see them. Oh BTW the bottle cap in #8 is a reproduction.....

ian
    ?

Mike it takes an eagle eye and a wonderfull sence of humer to spot that bottle cap
    you gave me a good laugh for 5 mins cheers mat ian

A flask was found near Gorodisсhe. This aluminum water bottle of Russian soldier. Produced in 1941. The original cork has been lost. He used a cork from a glass flask. On the surface of the inscription: В-Почта. Probably, the military mail.

Things dug up near Gumrak, summer 2009.

Okay, guys.
    I wanna tell You that Gumrak is really good place. Finds dug up there. summer 2009

Stalingrad: digging near Gorodisсhe & Gumrak   Stalingrad: digging near Gorodisсhe & Gumrak  

Stalingrad: digging near Gorodisсhe & Gumrak   Stalingrad: digging near Gorodisсhe & Gumrak  

Page 4 of 222 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 54 104 ... LastLast