Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Thanks Luftwaffe 1941! Galacia, Stalingrad, Latvia

Article about: Recently I bought a dogtag, shoulder boards, and a photo from Luftwaffe 1941, and being the generous sort that he is, I end up getting an entire box of goodies! Jarrett, you're too kind. The

Default Thanks Luftwaffe 1941! Galacia, Stalingrad, Latvia

Thanks Luftwaffe 1941! Galacia, Stalingrad, Latvia

Recently I bought a dogtag, shoulder boards, and a photo from Luftwaffe 1941, and being the generous sort that he is, I end up getting an entire box of goodies! Jarrett, you're too kind.

The helmet and dogtag are elsewhere on the forum to be shown in greater detail. I'll have to photograph the rest of these things better tomorrow.

The helmet came from Ukraine, as did the P38 Holster (Marked 1939, and with Reinhardt Possneck as the manufacturer), the K98 Ammo pouch, SS Belt, decontamination tablet containers, bullet, and that thing that goes onto collar tabs. All of the aforementioned relics supposedly came from positions that the Galacia Division occupied, but obviosly the helmet is a Heer one, so perhaps a mixture of men were there. The buckle is definitely SS though.

The odd ones out in this group is the Parade buckle that came from Stalingrad, and the Dogtag that is stamped 2 Sch. Ers. Kp. 68.

Why the attachments!?!?

Thanks again Luft.!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Thanks Luftwaffe 1941! Galacia, Stalingrad, Latvia   Thanks Luftwaffe 1941! Galacia, Stalingrad, Latvia  

MAP
    ?

Nice set of relics.

Jarret is a good man. Always very generous
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Excellent Job Jarret!
    Semper Fi
    Phil

Nice bunch of relics from the battlefield. I like the presentation on that rotten log of wood

Santi

Awesome! I'm really happy to know you liked everything.

The seller who originally sold me these items 'Minus the EKM & Heer buckle' was located in Ukraine. It was his claim that they came from the former positions of the SS Galicia Division. If I remember correctly he told me SS volunteers would be issued helmets with the SS decal applied on the opposite side. I have no idea if there's any truth behind that claim though. I simply bought these items because I thought they oozed history, which they certainly do!

Quote by RustyRelics View Post
    and that thing that goes onto collar tabs.
    Why the attachments!?!?

Thanks again Luft.!
    They are called "pips" and they go on shoulder boards to signify rank.

The attachments exist because they are photos that you uploaded, but did not insert into your post.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Not surprising, Jarret is a kind and generous man, and an asset to this forum. I can attest to that generosity firsthand.

Congrats on your relic haul, Rusty!

B.B.