Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Are there any American diggers out there?

Article about: I know there is alot of British ,French and German that are ww1 and ww2 diggers but I would like to know if there is any American diggers out there ,I am talking about individual people not

Default Are there any American diggers out there?

I know there is alot of British ,French and German that are ww1 and ww2 diggers but I would like to know if there is any American diggers out there ,I am talking about individual people not groupes.It would be nice to know maybe talk shop.

Default re: Are there any American diggers out there?

Quote by cricketchris1944 View Post
    I know there is alot of British ,French and German that are ww1 and ww2 diggers but I would like to know if there is any American diggers out there ,I am talking about individual people not groupes.It would be nice to know maybe talk shop.
    Cricketchris1944.
    I think you are talking about metal detecting, right? I have done my share. I concentrate on the early American Forts around the 1780 to 1830 period. Have come up with some interesting early material relating to the US Military of those periods.
    Terry

i happen to live near the site of an old british fort (erie, pennsylvania) and ive done a bit of digging here. i find indian arrowheads all the time and even some lead shot from the site of fort leboeuf.

i also dug up an assault badge in the dirt basement of an old house in frohnau, berlin that i posted pictures of on another thread.

Hi guys ,I am more talking about someone who goes to scrapyards ,old ww1 ww2 military bases, air fields ,Rifle ranges ,goes to Europe and the Paciphic.

I Metal detect alot! All I can detect right now are old 1800's logging camps. I want to detect in Europe very very bad! It's been a life dreem of mine, but I don't have the money. But I'm only 18 so I have alot of time to save

One day I WILL go to Europe!

Quote by Wehrmacht39 View Post
    I Metal detect alot! All I can detect right now are old 1800's logging camps. I want to detect in Europe very very bad! It's been a life dreem of mine, but I don't have the money. But I'm only 18 so I have alot of time to save

One day I WILL go to Europe!

Any good find.

Quote by cricketchris1944 View Post
    Any good find.
    At the logging camp? So far just some real old nails, a fork, a spoon and part of a saw blade.

Chris,

I Relic Hunt in Virginia, primarily the Northern Shenandoah Valley. A lot of Revolutionary and Civil War artifacts in this area, also non-metallic Indian artifacts if you're a good eyeballer. Hope to talk to you sometime.

David

Quote by artydigger View Post
    Chris,

I Relic Hunt in Virginia, primarily the Northern Shenandoah Valley. A lot of Revolutionary and Civil War artifacts in this area, also non-metallic Indian artifacts if you're a good eyeballer. Hope to talk to you sometime.

David
    I do not use a metal detector,I always eyeballe.I always have been lucky that way.

It sound like there is not too many Americans that relic hunt in ww1 and ww2 battlefields.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast