Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

What are those things i dug up?

Article about: Hi group, I was searching with my MD at an old fort near my town in Bulgaria. The fort was built at the end of the 19th century and most of the stuff i find are from ww1 some from ww2. I fou

Default What are those things i dug up?

Hi group,
    I was searching with my MD at an old fort near my town in Bulgaria. The fort was built at the end of the 19th century and most of the stuff i find are from ww1 some from ww2. I found a lot ot Mauser and Manlicher cases from 1916 and 1917 also kugelgrenade shrapnels and intact detonators from those grenades. Thing is i found these 2 objects. By the level of rust the big one has i can say that its deffenately from ww1 or before. The rusty one i hollow and the inner diameter is 24mm or 25mm. The smaller one is also hollow and its tip is really heavy and had a rubber ring on the inside. It also seems to be gold plated or just painter gold. It has 4 dents on the lip and two more in the middle of it. THe dents arent from use it was made like that because they are at an equal distance appart.Its also made of iron. Both objects must be german or austro hungarian because most ww1 weapons we bought before the war were from those countries. So does anyone know what those two objects are?
    P.S the larger one is about 25cm long.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture What are those things i dug up?   What are those things i dug up?  

What are those things i dug up?   What are those things i dug up?  

Rifle-Grenade Cup/Launcher perhaps? Just a guess...I like a good mystery and look forward to more opinions...Good Luck with your Hunting, looks like you've found a promising area!
    cheers, Glenn

Quote by bigmacglenn1966 View Post
    Rifle-Grenade Cup/Launcher perhaps? Just a guess...I like a good mystery and look forward to more opinions...Good Luck with your Hunting, looks like you've found a promising area!
    cheers, Glenn
    yeah i thought it was a rifle grenade cup but theres no hole on the bottom for the sparks. Also is it possible that the second object is a fuse safety cap

Welcome to the Forum, Friend......You're in the right place and hopefully one of our more knowledgeable Members will be able to help out better than I can...
    cheers, Glenn

Hello.
    In the first picture you have the shaft from a german m15 grenade , minus the fins and the exposive part - https://cdn-business.discourse.org/u...f409410305.jpg and http://www.passioncompassion1418.com...natWerfer5.jpg

Hope this helps.
    M

Quote by Mannlicher View Post
    Hello.
    In the first picture you have the shaft from a german m15 grenade , minus the fins and the exposive part - https://cdn-business.discourse.org/u...f409410305.jpg and http://www.passioncompassion1418.com...natWerfer5.jpg

Hope this helps.
    M
    Thanks man i accidentaly saw this in a youtube video a week ago after i lost all hope of ever finding out what it is . Thanks for the reply. P.S i found 2 more last week and a dozen detonators for them. Are the shafts and dets worth anything because i have so many now i think of selling some if possible.

You're welcome. As for value, don't think they're worth much in this state, without the fins. Maybe for someone who needs one to complete a grenade. Write a message in the "for sale/wanted" section of the forum and see what comes from that. Good luck.