Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

1918 WWI US Army brass knuckle trench fighting knife

Article about: Thinking of buying this, but wanted to get a few opinions first. The thing I first noticed about the knife was the guard. It does not have the 'curl' on the handle by the blade like others I

Default 1918 WWI US Army brass knuckle trench fighting knife

Thinking of buying this, but wanted to get a few opinions first. The thing I first noticed about the knife was the guard. It does not have the 'curl' on the handle by the blade like others I have seen. Didn't know if this was a variation or not. Sorry for the crappy pics. That's all I have at the moment. I figured if the lack of the 'curl' was a dead give away as it to being fake I would not need better pics. thanks1918 WWI US Army brass knuckle trench fighting knife1918 WWI US Army brass knuckle trench fighting knife

MAP
    ?

I suggest you read this thread. With these low quality pics, maybe it will help you out..

The U.S. M1918 Mk. I Trench Knife Thread.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Thank you. That pretty much told me what my gut told me. No good. thanks again!

Greetings,

Posted knife appears original, though possessing (as you have noted) a heavily modified handle. The scabbard is definitely a reproduction, but the knife appears a legit/original L. F. & C.'s variant to my eyes.

V/r Lance

Thanks Lance. I will have to look at when I get it in hand. I know some of the the lot is repro, but some also looks good. It is a fellows fathers estate and his father collected/traded WWI and WWII items. IF I get it, I will post some much better pics!

Quote by excalibr View Post
    Thinking of buying this, but wanted to get a few opinions first. The thing I first noticed about the knife was the guard. It does not have the 'curl' on the handle by the blade like others I have seen. Didn't know if this was a variation or not. Sorry for the crappy pics. That's all I have at the moment. I figured if the lack of the 'curl' was a dead give away as it to being fake I would not need better pics. thanks1918 WWI US Army brass knuckle trench fighting knife1918 WWI US Army brass knuckle trench fighting knife
    U.S. 1918 has completly dark finish