Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

AES Knife Solingen Germany

Article about: Does anyone know the history of the AES knife from Solingen Germany that is a copy of the Glock Knife. Charlie

Default AES Knife Solingen Germany

Does anyone know the history of the AES knife from Solingen Germany that is a copy of the Glock Knife. Charlie

Default Re: AES Knife Solingen Germany

Quote by mayralphie View Post
    Does anyone know the history of the AES knife from Solingen Germ $(KGrHqQOKi4E4y2EuHvWBOWS6duzug~~60_3.jpg (49.5 KBany that is a copy of the Glock Knife. Charlie
    AES knife
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture AES Knife Solingen Germany  

$(KGrHqQOKjIE5W6Zg9J1BOWS3EqD1Q~~60_3.jpg (53.1 KB
    Another view
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture AES Knife Solingen Germany  

AES Knife Solingen GermanyAES Knife Solingen GermanyAES Knife Solingen GermanyAES Knife Solingen GermanyAES Knife Solingen Germany

IMO this "Eickhorn-GLOCK´s" only were a commercial item and never were Army-issued ...

But, even GLOCK manufactured the "Feldmesser 75" and the "Feldmesser 78" as commercial´s ...

Austrian Army-issued GLOCK-knives were marked with the Austrian Bundesheer-stamp and the designation for the model, (FM 75 pattern), upon the blade !

AES Knife Solingen GermanyAES Knife Solingen Germany

BTW, Eickhorn also manufactured gravity-knives, named "AES 81" and "LL80".

IMO both of them are commercials and copys of the Bundeswehr gravity knife 1963 pattern ...

awcclm04
    ?

Hey guys i have just started collecting Gravity knives.. I just got this one today thinking it was a AES but after getting home i took a good look at it and there are no markings.. It was tagged as a Post was gravity knife small size.. Can anyone tell me some info on this so i can look it up and know i didnt get ripped off for a fake.. Thanks..

Quote by mayralphie View Post
    Does anyone know the history of the AES knife from Solingen Germany that is a copy of the Glock Knife. Charlie
    Does anybody knows ? ...

For comparison, the ÖBH GLOCK FMsr78, and, the AES FM80:

The measurements of both of the knives:

FMsr78 GLOCK, vs., "FM 80" AES:

overall lenght: 289,5 mm / 290,5 mm
    blade lenght: 163 mm / 165 mm
    widt of the blade: 21,8 mm / 22,1 mm
    thickness of the blade: 5 mm / 5 mm
    lenght of the hilt: 126,5 mm / 125,5 mm

weight of the GLOCK FMsr78: 210 g
    total weight: 250 g

weight of the AES "FM 80": 250 g
    total weight: 330 g

Some images of an "Feldmesser 80", manufactured by
    AES
    SOLINGEN
    W.-GERMANY

Widht of the blade: 22,5 mm
    AES Knife Solingen GermanyAES Knife Solingen GermanyAES Knife Solingen GermanyAES Knife Solingen GermanyAES Knife Solingen GermanyAES Knife Solingen GermanyAES Knife Solingen GermanyAES Knife Solingen Germany

AES Knife Solingen GermanyAES Knife Solingen GermanyAES Knife Solingen GermanyAES Knife Solingen Germany

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast