Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

British NO 9 Mk1 Bayonet

Article about: British No 9 Mk1 bayonet made at the Royal Small Arms Factory, Enfield made in 1955. This came with an Enfield rifle I picked up last year. Nothing special about it as they were used for an

Default British NO 9 Mk1 Bayonet

British No 9 Mk1 bayonet made at the Royal Small Arms Factory, Enfield made in 1955. This came with an Enfield rifle I picked up last year. Nothing special about it as they were used for an extended period and many were produced but a good reference example for future use. It would be great to confirm the scabbard is correct for Enfield for additional clarification. Beyond my knowledge and could not find a good reference.
    John

British NO 9 Mk1 BayonetBritish NO 9 Mk1 BayonetBritish NO 9 Mk1 BayonetBritish NO 9 Mk1 BayonetBritish NO 9 Mk1 Bayonet

?

John,

You've got yourself a no5 mkII scabbard with brass raised throat piece. The mkI has a flush throat which I think are steel. MkI and II were made for the no5, no7, no9 and SLR bayonets which were made by Enfield, Lithgow and Canadian Arms. The Lithgow scabbards have a slightly pointier tip and some of the early mkIs are stamped with Wilkinson's WW2 dispersal code s294. Apart from this I don't think theres anyway to confirm which factory they came from.

Alex

?

There are arabic numbers on right side. b.r.Andy

?

Also two arabic characters on the frog stud

?

I have a couple of No 9's Enfield Bayo's
    1954 with matching parade frog.
    Cheers Rick

Attachment 1438173

Attachment 1438174