Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

British No7 MkI Land Service Bayonet

Article about: Hi Guys, I thought that it would be good to show the nicest British bayonet (in my opinion) of WW2. Here is one from my collection, but first here is some background info about the design. T

A quick internet search of dealer websites, including the dealer sponsors of WRF should answer your question.

?

If it wasn't for that sales pitch, I would have missed this one.

I also have a No.7 with the black grips, So Ade's tid bit of history around this bayonet is greatly appreciated!
    I always wondered about a round hitting the muzzle ring on that set up and I guess it did happen. Which I did not know till now.

Thanks Ade!

Semper Fi
    Phil
    Last edited by AZPhil; 03-09-2019 at 06:45 PM.

?

I've had a cursory look but most "dealers" seem to have sold their MK7 and dont include a sales price!!!! Tad unhelpful
    The odd one I've seen,historically, is £300-375.

Is this a fair ball park please?

That would be enormously expensive for here.

?

That is an OUT OF THE PARK price.
    Semper Fi
    Phil

?

So what would be a "fair price"

?

Just picked up this no. 7 with black grips for a good price (about $150USD in response to the most recent posts in the thread). I have been hunting one of these for awhile and have not seen one for less than $200 -$250 since I have started looking.

I was hoping someone could help me figure out the maker of this bayonet. From what I have seen online most others have No. 7 Mk 1/L marking on the one side of the blade, and a makers code or mark on the obverse. This one has the No. 7 Mk 1/L but I can’t make anything out on the other side. There’s a broad arrow on the pommel and an RP in a circle on each of the grips under where the pommel swivels away from.

It doesn’t look like a marking has been scrubbed but otherwise I haven’t been able to match this to a maker based on my search. Does anyone have any info about this particular set of markings?

Any help is appreciated,British No7 MkI Land Service BayonetBritish No7 MkI Land Service BayonetBritish No7 MkI Land Service BayonetBritish No7 MkI Land Service BayonetBritish No7 MkI Land Service Bayonet

I would say Royal Ordnance Factory Poole.

?

Thanks for the reply! is it the RP on the grips that makes you think Poole or is there any other factors? I searched for Poole made examples and they are all dated on the observe side with the Circle P and year produced.

The No.7M.K.1/L is now a sought-after model among collectors and has become relatively expensive.

In 1944 Wilkinson is said to have made 1,000 copies before Wilkinson and other manufacturers (BSA, Elkington, ROF POOLE, ROF, Newport) continued to produce the No.7MK1/L from 1945 to 1948.

No.7MK1/L WWII, or, post WWII ? ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast