Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Buck 184

Article about: Buckmaster 184 V1, also has a hardness test stamp just under the K in Buck. The blade has the typical scabbard marks, the V1 was sand blasted finish where the V2 onwards was media blasted. T

?

Default Buck 184

Buckmaster 184 V1, also has a hardness test stamp just under the K in Buck.
    The blade has the typical scabbard marks, the V1 was sand blasted finish where the V2 onwards was media blasted. The V1 was the only variation used by the USA Seals.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Buck 184   Buck 184  

Buck 184   Buck 184  

I am a fan of Buck knives.
    Please feel free to have a look at post 24 of this thread.
    My Knife Collection
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

I am learing something new if this was a government issue knife or available through PX an authorized to carry. Is there documentation of this?
    John

This model was not only used by the US Navy Seals.

In the war of liberation in the Balkans, Croatia "rediscovered" this model of a combat knife / utility knife and redesigned this model for its special forces.

In the meantime, this Croatian pattern knife is much more difficult to obtain than the "Buckmaster", since it was certainly made in much smaller numbers.

Buck 184Buck 184Buck 184

?

Can someone explain what the purpose of the spikes coming down from the cross guard is?

Quote by Alex W View Post
    Can someone explain what the purpose of the spikes coming down from the cross guard is?
    These knives were hugely popular when I was younger and the Stallone film, Rambo, was all the rage. Naturally, there was all sorts of speculation as to what these spikes (I think the Buck manual refers to them as "Pins") were for.

The correct answer, supposedly, is that they could be used as an anchor point - especially for something like a small boat or raft. You could tie your sheathed knife to a dock line and hook it to something to keep you tethered. That makes the most sense to me, being a SEAL knife and all.

Quote by Alex W View Post
    Those spikes were to make this fantasy knife a usable grapple. The hole in the sliding ring on the butt cap is for your "Rope". You might be able to use parachute cord, good luck hanging onto that. Anyway, that was the original sales pitch. Toss it over a wall and climb on...

They were never designed as a "Seal knife". Just a big club of a knife to represent Stalone type knives. The serrations on the back ensure it's uselessness in combat, would stick firmly in all targets.

?

I would say same about sawback, similar tooth are not real for sawing of wood. They are in one line.