Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Canadian Guards Pipers Dirk

Article about: It’s been a really busy 2021, found this last week at my favourite second hand store, it was really dirty but also cheap. It cleaned up beautifully and I believe I’ll keep it. From what

CBH
    ?

Default Canadian Guards Pipers Dirk

It’s been a really busy 2021, found this last week at my favourite second hand store, it was really dirty but also cheap. It cleaned up beautifully and I believe I’ll keep it.
    From what I’ve been able to research, I believe it’s a 1950’s Robert Alison Pipers Dirk from the Canadian Guards Pipe Band.It’s marked RA with a faint Scotland. If anyone has seen a similar Dirk please let me know as I’ve been unable to find this example anywhere online.
    Thanks for looking.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Canadian Guards Pipers Dirk   Canadian Guards Pipers Dirk  

Canadian Guards Pipers Dirk   Canadian Guards Pipers Dirk  

Canadian Guards Pipers Dirk  

CBH
    ?

Here a before cleaning photo
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Canadian Guards Pipers Dirk   Canadian Guards Pipers Dirk  

Nice Chris!
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

CBH
    ?

Thanks Ralph, it came out of a plastic bag full of Chinese junk knives, I almost fell over. Wish it had a Kings Crown on it, but I always wanted one and the price was amazing.

?

Very Nice Chris,
    Great job on the cleaning. Big difference!!

Semper Fi
    Phil

CBH
    ?

I’m glad it was so dirty, the old shellac made it look like silver plating loss.
    That probably helped pushed down the price, which was astonishingly low!
    The blade corrosion could have been caused by lack of cleaning after Haggis cutting.
    Which is one of the few things these Dirks are used for today.
    Thanks for looking.

It's a quality dirk, but more a Pipe Major or officer's dirk than an regimental issue piper's dirk. Most likely privately purchased by or for a member of the regiment.

CBH
    ?

Thank you Anderson, that was one of my questions. As I cannot find another example of this Dirk, private purchase would seem likely. I don’t think Robert Alison was a very large producer of Dirks, more of a custom knife and jewelry maker. I appreciate the help.

?

a beauty.

CBH
    ?

Posted on a Canadian site and was told it was a standard Pipers Dirk.
    And they posted a photo, still a rare bird as far as finding another one.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Canadian Guards Pipers Dirk  

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast