Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

"chromed" GLOCK FMsr 78, ("Field Knife 78 Pattern")

Article about: Hi, mates ! Many yrs. ago i received this, particular FMsr 78, (Feldmesser 78). The metal parts of the knife are all chromed ! I learned, such knives are, (were), honor-presents, (gifts), co

Default "chromed" GLOCK FMsr 78, ("Field Knife 78 Pattern")

Hi, mates !

Many yrs. ago i received this, particular FMsr 78, (Feldmesser 78).

The metal parts of the knife are all chromed !

I learned, such knives are, (were), honor-presents, (gifts), conferred to graduates of the HUOK, (Heeresunteroffiziers-Akademie), the NCO Military Academy of t he ÖBH, (Austrian Army).

But, I do not know, if all graduates are, (were), rewarded with this award."chromed" GLOCK FMsr 78, ("Field Knife 78 Pattern")"chromed" GLOCK FMsr 78, ("Field Knife 78 Pattern")
    Usually, the knive was mounted on an wooden plate.

I spotted such knives, marked with the Bundesheer-Abnahme, also, with the "commercial" GLOCK -markings.

Any, further, informations are required !

Thx. in advance,
    R.

P.S.:
    I was told, there is an example with an etched blade, awarded to an NCO.

Source of the Image, obviously taken by the Bundesheer:
    98 neue Unteroffiziere für das Bundesheer

"chromed" GLOCK FMsr 78, ("Field Knife 78 Pattern")"chromed" GLOCK FMsr 78, ("Field Knife 78 Pattern")

some more images:

"chromed" GLOCK FMsr 78, ("Field Knife 78 Pattern")"chromed" GLOCK FMsr 78, ("Field Knife 78 Pattern")

Very nice Reibert!
    I have considered acquiring one of these in the past but not the chrome version.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Made an account to reply to this thead.

I have one! My friend did a semester exchange at the Theresian Military Academy in Austria and received one on the plaques shown in the picture. It eventually broke off and he casually gave it to me the night before graduation because we were packing up our rooms and i guess he had too much stuff.

I've tried to find info on them over the years (I assumed they were parade bayonets but could never find any pics of Austrians parading with bayonets) and was never able to until i found this thread. Mine is slightly different- It doesn't say "Made in Austria," instead it has 'B x H' where the small x is the circumscribed triangle of the Bundesheer.

When I was a staff weenie in the Army I kept it in my desk and used it as a staple remover.

To answer your question: I'm not sure how exclusive it is, it can't be too exclusive because my friend got one after only doing a semester there as a guest.

MAP
    ?

Quote by wonderhorsemercury View Post
    ...... because my friend got one after only doing a semester there as a guest.....
    Welcome to the forum. Pictures would be great. Here is a "How To" guide.

Visual Guide to Upload Photos

Maybe your friend was a very very very good guest
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)