Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

A couple of Ek's

Article about: Here are a couple of more recent fighting knives by this maker. John Ek made knives for the military during the war, but these are post war. As they have been part of my knife collection for

?

Quote by rbminis View Post
    Maybe I will start a thread in the Collections section one of these days on my knife collection.
    Never really thought about it before.
    Ralph.
    Maybe think about it now
    I'm sure I'm not the only person who loves cold steel and would be interested in the subject.

Semper Fi
    Phil

Such knives, manufactured by Blackjack Knives, (till it´s bankrupt in 1997), and, under the logo of John Ek, are, (IMHO), very usable "combat knives" at all ! ...
    I shouldn´t be at all surprised if GI´s carried such knives, "private purchased", in combat actually ...

Blade lenght: ca. 166 mm
    Overall lenght: ca. 315 mm
    Thickness of the blade: ca. 4 mm
    Width of the blade: ca. 28,5 mm

A couple of Ek'sA couple of Ek'sA couple of Ek'sA couple of Ek'sA couple of Ek'sA couple of Ek'sA couple of Ek'sA couple of Ek's

Gents,

Quality knife making! I think I may be on the hunt for one of these. Ralph, thank you for posting. Great, now I need to transfer from my Imperial EK fund to another EK fund~

Quote by buellmeister View Post
    Gents,

Quality knife making! I think I may be on the hunt for one of these. Ralph, thank you for posting. Great, now I need to transfer from my Imperial EK fund to another EK fund~
    Always happy to help Joel!
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Quote by Reibert View Post
    I shouldn´t be at all surprised if GI´s carried such knives, "private purchased", in combat actually ...
    I have seen a picture of a US Army Ranger carrying one of these wood grip BlackJack Eks.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

Here´s the "pig sticker" ...

John Ek/Blackjack Pig Sticker Knife
    "Pig Sticker" knife manufactured in Effingham, IL, by Blackjack knives. From 1993 to 1997, Blackjack owned the rights to the Ek Commando Knife Company name, and manufactured and distributed knives under that branding. The knife is just over 10.5" long, with a 6" blade, and fitted with wooden handle scales retained by brass pins. The sheath is brown leather, similar in style to the sheaths made for the Blackjack/Ek reproductions of the Sykes-Fairbairn dagger.
    source:

John Ek/Blackjack WD-8 Pig Sticker Knife | #1801731908

overall lenght: ca. 266 mm
    blade lenght: 157 mm
    widht of the blade: 22 mm
    thickness of the blade: 4 mm

press stud marked: RAU CO

wooden grip plates "private modified"

A couple of Ek'sA couple of Ek'sA couple of Ek'sA couple of Ek'sA couple of Ek'sA couple of Ek'sA couple of Ek'sA couple of Ek's

I would be interested to know if anyone else here in the forum has any further information (possibly with photo credits) or reports of the use of John Ek knives of this type in US units deployed in Kuwait, Iraq or Afghanistan, or can even confirm this.

Thx. in advance,
    R.

Quote by Chopperman View Post
    I have seen a picture of a US Army Ranger carrying one of these wood grip BlackJack Eks.
    Do you perhaps have the opportunity to show us this picture here in the post?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2