MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

EDMF (Eight Dollar Mountain Foundry)

Article about: Mail call today...EDMF (Eight Dollar Mountain Foundry)… Dale Sandberg, his last name very Swedish so I guess, maybe his ancestors came from here… Do I need to say that I love the blade

?

Default EDMF (Eight Dollar Mountain Foundry)

Mail call today...EDMF (Eight Dollar Mountain Foundry)… Dale Sandberg, his last name very Swedish so I guess, maybe his ancestors came from here…
    Do I need to say that I love the blade…

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1644329
    [/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]1644330
    [/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]1644331
    [/ATTACH]EDMF (Eight Dollar Mountain Foundry)
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture EDMF (Eight Dollar Mountain Foundry)   EDMF (Eight Dollar Mountain Foundry)  

?

Blade shape looks like early austrian M88 bayonet. But it could be only inspired, i dont known the blade lenght here.

?

Maybe interesting for some:

EDMF Eight Dollar Mountain Foundry
    Dale Sandberg

Dale Sandberg built a trench fighting knife for his son during the first Gulf War back in the early 90s. Immediately he got requests from other soldiers who saw what he created for his son. A new industry was born and after 20 years they are still building knives for our troops.
    It didn't take long for EDMF knives to become neo-classics. Dale offered 4 basic hilts and something like 20 different blade patterns (blanks were cut from huge circular mill saws) AND surplus various bayonet blades - like this one. I saw also EDMF knife with a Mk2 blade, and even a Mk9 bayonet with the distinctive D-guard hilt. While it was still operational the prices were very low, though you had to wait several months on the waiting list.
    The best source I know of in print regarding EDMF knives is from Knife World, February 2000. Even that article will not answer your questions regarding blade steel.
    While that may rule out any interest in these knives by many. These knives are by their nature collectable. Serial numbered, dated, limited production, and inexpensive. Dale started making knives around 1990 or so. When we started deploying troops to the mid-east for operation Desert Shield Dale made knives that he gave to local Oregon National Guardsmen that were deploying. Read that gave as in free. While these knives are not produced in any great numbers they still find their way over to the sandbox.