Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Egyptian FN 49 Bayonet

Article about: Hello everyone, I don't know much about FN 49 bayonets. I think this one is Egyptian but they should have a flat parkerised styled finish and this one has a shiny blued finish which I think

?

Default Egyptian FN 49 Bayonet

Hello everyone,

I don't know much about FN 49 bayonets. I think this one is Egyptian but they should have a flat parkerised styled finish and this one has a shiny blued finish which I think was done post service. Is anyone able to confirm this for me.

Any comments welcome.

Thanks

Alex
    Egyptian FN 49 BayonetEgyptian FN 49 BayonetEgyptian FN 49 BayonetEgyptian FN 49 Bayonet

?

Same opinion, normally they should be phosphated or parkerised, the arabic digits are not visible as the piece was overhauled. 102?? on pommel, should be serialed on mouth piece of scabbard too. Maybe it was little rusted or damaged finish and later it was reblued.

That one definitely has had more recent re-bluing. And an attempt to grind off the arabic script on the pommel and top neck collar of scabbard. Maybe an attempt to disguise it's a Egyptian export model. I have one myself to compare to yours, and the blue finish originally is duller.