Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Estate sale finds 1917 Trench knife/Sword

Article about: Hi! I got these items from an estate yesterday and wanted to show off my finds! I found a 1917 trench knife with it's 1918 dated sheath! and what i believe is a Filipino sword, whether or no

?

Default Estate sale finds 1917 Trench knife/Sword

Hi! I got these items from an estate yesterday and wanted to show off my finds!
    I found a 1917 trench knife with it's 1918 dated sheath! and what i believe is a Filipino sword, whether or not it is WW2 era is really in question... Any input would be great. The thing that caught my eye about the sword was that the leather was so aged and patina'd, it had an all around good feeling to it. I think the leather spacers are made from an old belt.
    I Have been searching for those trench knives and now have them finally! The last pic is my current edged collection so far. knife and sword were $75 each!
    Thanks for looking!
    John
    Estate sale finds 1917 Trench knife/SwordEstate sale finds 1917 Trench knife/SwordEstate sale finds 1917 Trench knife/SwordEstate sale finds 1917 Trench knife/SwordEstate sale finds 1917 Trench knife/SwordEstate sale finds 1917 Trench knife/SwordEstate sale finds 1917 Trench knife/SwordEstate sale finds 1917 Trench knife/SwordEstate sale finds 1917 Trench knife/SwordEstate sale finds 1917 Trench knife/SwordEstate sale finds 1917 Trench knife/SwordEstate sale finds 1917 Trench knife/SwordEstate sale finds 1917 Trench knife/Sword

?

I believe the sword is a prang. Nicely made old one. mid 19th century.

Your new trench knife is a beauty. Cool finds - and a really nice collection.........
    Regards,

Steve.

?

Ohh, I like those trench knives.....

?

Now, they also had what I thought was a Kris which is also a filipino sword but it was not nearly as cool as this one and was falling apart, which made me decide against it.

?

You got the M1917 trench knife for an absolutely killer price. Especially by that maker and the condition appears to be fairly nice. Congratulations!