Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

German S98 nA bayonet

Article about: Hello everyone, Here is my recently acquired German S98 nA bayonet made by E & F Hörster, Solingen in 1906. It does show a little bit of age greying but is in far better condition than m

?

Default German S98 nA bayonet

Hello everyone,

Here is my recently acquired German S98 nA bayonet made by E & F Hörster, Solingen in 1906. It does show a little bit of age greying but is in far better condition than most of these are. The scabbard has the same inspector marks as the bayonet, its just a shame both are not unit marked. Ive been on the hunt for one of these on and off for 10 years and it feels good to finally find one in a condition I'm happy with.

Any comments welcome.

Alex
    German S98 nA bayonetGerman S98 nA bayonetGerman S98 nA bayonetGerman S98 nA bayonetGerman S98 nA bayonetGerman S98 nA bayonetGerman S98 nA bayonet

That's very nice Alex and the best example of this model I have ever seen. If it's been cleaned it has been done skillfully and not excessively.

?

Thanks Anderson - Im no expert but I can't see any red flags that its been messed around with however being in such nice condition does make me wonder. I like to think that most of the time I get my items for the right price however this one cost me top dollar.

Very nice looking Bayo.
    I still hope to find one of these for my own collection.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.