Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Hammesfahr German Trench Knife.

Article about: Picked this knife up recently, and I guess I have deduced that it is supposed to be a Authentic German Trench Knife, similar to Gottlieb Hammesfahr Solingen-Foche knives I've seen threads ab

RonRonRon
    ?

Default Hammesfahr German Trench Knife.

Picked this knife up recently, and I guess I have deduced that it is supposed to be a Authentic German Trench Knife, similar to Gottlieb Hammesfahr Solingen-Foche knives I've seen threads about here, but it is not stamped as such. All that appears on the blade, or anywhere on the knife is "Kr. *picture of a skull* S." Wondering if anyone can tell me anything about it? Is it one of the Indian fakes I've been hearing about? I bought it because I was intrigued by the markings, and lack of markings on the knife.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Hammesfahr German Trench Knife.   Hammesfahr German Trench Knife.  

Default Re: Hammesfahr German Trench Knife.

I am afraid this is a copy. Sorry,
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

RonRonRon
    ?

What reasons lead you to believe its a copy? Any idea what the markings mean?

Quote by RonRonRon View Post
    These are not the correct markings for this piece.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

?

Quote by RonRonRon View Post

wrong shape of false edge, very wrong handles, cheap wood instead of good walnut.

It's not Indian, it's a German produced copy, someone just added the marks

G28 Trench knife WW1 Shop Medieval Arms