Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Help with a fighting knife?

Article about: Hoping I can tap into the acquired knowledge of the forum on this knife. Picked it up at an auction this week. No markings on the blade that I can see. Leather washer handle, recessed brass

Default Help with a fighting knife?

Hoping I can tap into the acquired knowledge of the forum on this knife. Picked it up at an auction this week. No markings on the blade that I can see. Leather washer handle, recessed brass nut in pommel. Sharp on both edges. The shape of the handle is different from what I can find online. Unmarked Marbles knife? Unmarked Case knife? Theatre made maybe? What do we think....

Help with a fighting knife?Help with a fighting knife?Help with a fighting knife?Help with a fighting knife?Help with a fighting knife?

Greetings,

With that less than refined workmanship surrounding the pommel's retaining nut and the noticeable peen in the cross guard (to hold it in place?). I would guess a it was resurrected commercial blade now definitely turned into a "theater made" knife. It assuredly did not depart any of the mentioned companies' factories with those current modifications. I Wish I could be more conclusive with a blade's manufacturer, but the current fit of the parts, screams field modified, whether that's Bubba's garage in the 50s/60s or on an island in the Pacific during WWII is up for debate.

Cheers,

Lance

I agree Lance. It looks like someone's attempt to make a Southern & Richardson fighting knife by reshaping the blade of a hunting knife. Perhaps from an export German knife, post WW2.