Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Hooked Quillon P1907 Queensland Police Bayonet

Article about: Hello everyone Recently managed to repatriate another hooked quillon P1907 Queensland Police bayonet from North America. The scabbard doesn't match and the blade is a little stained but apar

?

Default Hooked Quillon P1907 Queensland Police Bayonet

Hello everyone

Recently managed to repatriate another hooked quillon P1907 Queensland Police bayonet from North America. The scabbard doesn't match and the blade is a little stained but apart from that Im happy with it. This one is marked QP 436 - if anyone comes across the matching scabbard let me know.

Any comments welcome.

Alex
    Hooked Quillon P1907 Queensland Police BayonetHooked Quillon P1907 Queensland Police BayonetHooked Quillon P1907 Queensland Police BayonetHooked Quillon P1907 Queensland Police Bayonet
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Hooked Quillon P1907 Queensland Police Bayonet   Hooked Quillon P1907 Queensland Police Bayonet  

That one is looking much better than the relic one you were looking at. Actually very nice condition and you should be able to swap the scabbard for the earlier type with someone who has the reverse mismatch.

?

Thanks for the reply Anderson but I think you might have me mistaken for someone else-I havnt posted about a relic one.

There are less than one thousand of these QP marked Queensland Police bayonets and were originally issued with rifle, scabbard, frog, sling and oil bottle which were all marked with the same QP number. The scabbards have it on the throat. I’ve got five of these bayonets and only one with a matching numbered scabbard so they are hard to come by. I did have someone contact me about a year ago after I put another one on this forum who had the matching number scabbard but we couldn’t reach an agreement-he wanted the bayonet and I wanted the scabbard.