Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

(hungarian?) cord cutter knife?

Article about: Hi, mates ! Post this, probably, hungarian, cord-cutter knife here, in this section of the forum, because I think, here´re many skilled collectors of com-bloc, blank, weapons already. overal

Default (hungarian?) cord cutter knife?

Hi, mates !

Post this, probably, hungarian, cord-cutter knife here, in this section of the forum, because I think, here´re many skilled collectors of com-bloc, blank, weapons already.

overall lenght of the knife: 243 mm
    blade lenght: 120 mm

Thx. in advance,

Reibert
    (hungarian?) cord cutter knife?(hungarian?) cord cutter knife?(hungarian?) cord cutter knife?(hungarian?) cord cutter knife?(hungarian?) cord cutter knife?(hungarian?) cord cutter knife?(hungarian?) cord cutter knife?(hungarian?) cord cutter knife?

A collectors mate wrote to me:

"Reibert,

I did some checking on the web and only found your other threads trying to identifying this knife. So I emailed a friend, the curator of uniforms at the Hungarian Military Museum in Budapest, and here is his answer.

"Regarding your knife: I've seen this knife in more versions, the maker is unknown (maybe soviet? maybe hungarian?), but one thing is clear: this knife was used by hungarian paratroopers, both in the army and both in civilian (sport) circles. It was used in the 1970-90's maybe."
    So it was used in military and civilian circles in Hungary which is not unusual. As to its specific purpose I can not say. It would appear to be more of a general purpose knife rather than one designed specifically to cut parachute cords.
    "

Thx. !

Nice, unusual knife. The blade shape is extremely radical - similar
    to Japanese made commercial blades.........
    Regards,

Steve.

(hungarian?) cord cutter knife?(hungarian?) cord cutter knife?(hungarian?) cord cutter knife?(hungarian?) cord cutter knife?(hungarian?) cord cutter knife?(hungarian?) cord cutter knife?Received this knive days ago.

Overall lenght: 269 mm
    Blade lenght: 158 mm

Please, note the maker of the grip !

In my opinion this is a knife, used in an youth organisation, maybe in Bulgaria ?

Hello Reibert, this is a soviet made knife, commercial use as far as I know, there are plenty of them here in Hungary as well.
    By the way, your private e-mail inbox is not working,check it, before it is too late

Hello Reibert, thanks for a kind collector friend, there are some news regarding the producer of the presented knives.
    Maker:
    ПК МООР (Московское общество охотников и рыболовов = Production Combinate of the Moscow Society of Hunters and Fishermen) in 1960-1970 years
    These knives were produced as civilian knives, but Hungary ordered them for cord cutting.

Hi, mates, received another Huntig knife.

blade lenght: 189 mm
    overall lenght: 330 mm

Serial number: B9345

plastic hilt

The knife in #1 in this, particular, thread was introduced in the Magyar Néphadsereg

I´m curious if such, and, other russian hunting knives also saw action (private purchased) in the СпН, Спецназ, подразделение специального назначения Российской Федерации / Podrasdelenije spezialnowo nasnatschenija rossijskoj federazii , ( SPEZNAS ) , for example, in Afghanistan.
    (hungarian?) cord cutter knife?(hungarian?) cord cutter knife?(hungarian?) cord cutter knife?(hungarian?) cord cutter knife?(hungarian?) cord cutter knife?(hungarian?) cord cutter knife?(hungarian?) cord cutter knife?(hungarian?) cord cutter knife?(hungarian?) cord cutter knife?

?

Vocelka destined the maker, on second knife is visible the nonoxydable on blade Neržajevoj material of blade.

But, still curious, if soviet hunting knives saw any action in the hands of soviet soldiers, they´ve private purchased such blades in the past and, probably, used them in Afghanistan, Chechnya, Ukraine, Tajikistan, Daghestan, ... then.

?

Questionable declared as hunting knives, secondly what was commerzial in sowjet Russia nothing, all was state planed and organised, so it could be normal that there a hunting tool firm could delivered to various units.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast