Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

I'm having trouble identifying this Bayonet. Any help is appreciated!

Article about: Hello - There are no markings or engravings visibile. Seems to coincide with 1800 French design but several characteritics don't align. Example: Hardwood handle versus brass, diamond shape i

Default I'm having trouble identifying this Bayonet. Any help is appreciated!

Hello -

There are no markings or engravings visibile. Seems to coincide with 1800 French design but several characteritics don't align. Example: Hardwood handle versus brass, diamond shape inlay to secure handle attachment hardware, iron pommel (I think) vs. brass, pommel has a 90 degree flush versus about a 30 degree taper.

All metal parts seemed to be uniformly pitted vs. smooth. Thanks in advance for any insight!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture I'm having trouble identifying this Bayonet. Any help is appreciated!   I'm having trouble identifying this Bayonet. Any help is appreciated!  

I'm having trouble identifying this Bayonet. Any help is appreciated!  

?

Wild guess is a Turkish 1874 for Peabody-Martini rifle with press stud and locking mechanism removed and handles replaced. If I'm right it should measure 714mm total, 575mm blade and 18.2mm for muzzle ring diameter.

Alex

?

Same opinion M1874, with removed original grips and missing locking nut.b.r.Andy

?

I’m glad I took time out of my day to reply to a question by a new member who couldn’t be bothered to say thank you...

Quote by Alex W View Post
    I’m glad I took time out of my day to reply to a question by a new member who couldn’t be bothered to say thank you...
    Hi Alex - thankyou for the info. As soon as I return to the USA I will check the measurements and info that you offered. Will follow up then. Best/dm