Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

KCB bayonet/fighting knife...

Article about: Hi all... Here's a new acquisition from this years War & peace revival show.... Its a KCB type knife......with black plastic grip.....but has the pommel fitting of the bayonet type.... i

Default KCB bayonet/fighting knife...

Hi all...
    Here's a new acquisition from this years War & peace revival show....
    Its a KCB type knife......with black plastic grip.....but has the pommel fitting of the bayonet type.... it has no wire cutter...either scabbard.... or hole in the blade for one..however it has the saw teeth.... now confusingly there is absolutely no markings on the blade whatsoever!!??? or the scabbard and fittings!!?? so I disassembled it today...on the search for its origins...
    Here's what turned up....

The inside of the pommel is marked FL 77
    The plastic grip is marked 78 B
    The plastic screw for the grip is also marked 77B
    so a KCB 77....but which country ??? cant seem to find an exact match???

any ideas!!??
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture KCB bayonet/fighting knife...   KCB bayonet/fighting knife...  

KCB bayonet/fighting knife...   KCB bayonet/fighting knife...  

Lol... its been a long day...moderators please can you move this to the relevant page...I must have navigated away from the bayonets of the world page!!
    sorry...

Quote by austromunga View Post
    Lol... its been a long day...moderators please can you move this to the relevant page...I must have navigated away from the bayonets of the world page!!
    sorry...
    Done.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Many thanks Ralph!!

An early type KCB-77M1/0 by the look of it. At the time these were being made the the Eickhorn company was bankrupt, some family members formed another company but the wire cutter and Squirrel logo belonged to Eichhorn, so some production is unmarked and without the wire cutter. The lack of a hole in the blade also indicates early production.

Thanks Anderson..I had thought along those lines...with the financial troubles at Eickhorn...
    Thanks for the info!!

Hi, mates, some Eickhorn advertising material, hope, it helps.
    I do not detect a sawback ...

Also no sawback there ?
    Bayonet ID ?

@ Anderson:
    Yes, it´s an KCB 77 M1 0

KCB bayonet/fighting knife...KCB bayonet/fighting knife...KCB bayonet/fighting knife...KCB bayonet/fighting knife...KCB bayonet/fighting knife...

a interesting site:
    KCB-77 M2-M7

I received such a " KCB 77 M1 0 " a couple of days ago.

The measurements:
    blade lenght: 176 mm
    lenght of the hilt: 129 mm
    overall lenght: 305 mm
    MRD: 22 mm
    with of the blade: 30,3 mm
    blade thickness: 3,7 mm
    KCB bayonet/fighting knife...KCB bayonet/fighting knife...KCB bayonet/fighting knife...KCB bayonet/fighting knife...KCB bayonet/fighting knife...KCB bayonet/fighting knife...

That's in beautiful condition.

Here are pictures of a "commercial" / "civilian" combat knife.

This knife is also commonly known as the ACK / Advanced Combat Knife.

Knives of this type and design were offered in the 1980s and 1990s by a German supplier of hunting weapons and a supplier of hunting accessories, clothing and other types of weapons.

I personally do not believe that this knife model was actually delivered to an (any) army, but that this is a purely commercial product for the civilian market.

The knife does not show any manufacturer's stamps, but I assume that this is also a product of the Eickhorn company.

KCB bayonet/fighting knife...KCB bayonet/fighting knife...KCB bayonet/fighting knife...KCB bayonet/fighting knife...KCB bayonet/fighting knife...KCB bayonet/fighting knife...KCB bayonet/fighting knife...KCB bayonet/fighting knife...
    Last edited by Reibert; 05-18-2023 at 12:30 PM.