Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Klewang Heiho, Hembrug brass plaque of guard with markings - who and what

Article about: Hi all, I recently picked up a Dutch Klewang Heiho. Maker is Hembrug. However on the back of the guard is a small brass plaque. This does not seem to be an original part of the weapon itself

Chinny
    ?

Default Klewang Heiho, Hembrug brass plaque of guard with markings - who and what

Hi all,

I recently picked up a Dutch Klewang Heiho. Maker is Hembrug. However on the back of the guard is a small brass plaque. This does not seem to be an original part of the weapon itself but seems to be a unit identifier of some kind added on after the weapon was made. The plaque has the following markings

- inf. XI

As near as I can tell one side of the plaque finishes co terminus with the cutting of the guard when it was taken off and converted into a Heiho. Therefore my assumption is that this is a Dutch unit identifier of some kind. It seems unlikely that the Japanese would have marked it up in Roman numerals.

Can anybody help please.

many thanks
    Chinny

Default Re: Klewang Heiho, Hembrug brass plaque of guard with markings - who and what

I'm sure the plaque is applied by the Dutch government.
    Take a look at this:
    Nieuwe pagina 2

?

Default Re: Klewang Heiho, Hembrug brass plaque of guard with markings - who and what

Hi Chinny,

Welcome to the forum. I'm not sure where you question will fit in so I'll move it here for the edged weapons guys to look at, can you post any pictures please?

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....