Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Latest purchase. trench, gamblers dagger or what.

Article about: I am asking here as I am getting no response elsewhere, and you guys are both knowledgeable and interested.Bought at a local arms fair as a two for one deal with another readily recognised i

?

Default Latest purchase. trench, gamblers dagger or what.

I am asking here as I am getting no response elsewhere, and you guys are both knowledgeable and interested.Bought at a local arms fair as a two for one deal with another readily recognised item (an Indonesian Sewar) of far greater value, for a bargain price. It owes me nothing! Well made enough to be a Victorian piece, but chunkier than the general run of gamblers/prostitutes daggers.Latest purchase. trench, gamblers dagger or what.Latest purchase. trench, gamblers dagger or what.Latest purchase. trench, gamblers dagger or what.Latest purchase. trench, gamblers dagger or what.

MAP
    ?

For what ever my opinion is worth, this does not appear to look like any other "trench" knife (issued or private purchase) that I've ever seen from any European country. Add to that the fact that it has no identifying marks.

It look a bit touristy to me. Almost like an old souvenir.

But again, just my uneducated opinion.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Sorry, IMO, recent manufacture.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

?

Thanks for the answers guys, I am inclined to agree, but it was worth a punt! Like I say, it was part of a deal and the other item came in cheap enough to pay for both. Meanwhile I work my way through the various threads here learning a lot more about an area I have little knowledge of.