Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

M7 bayonet and M8A1 scabard

Article about: Hi all picked this one up at a local militaria fair!! Its an M7, M16 fitment Vietnam era Bayonet with a M8A1 scabbard in unissued condition , blade Was still smothered in packing grease!! bl

Default M7 bayonet and M8A1 scabard

Hi all

picked this one up at a local militaria fair!!
    Its an M7, M16 fitment Vietnam era Bayonet with a M8A1 scabbard in unissued condition , blade Was still smothered in packing grease!!
    blade is by Milpar, scabbard PWH
    thoughts please
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M7 bayonet and M8A1 scabard   M7 bayonet and M8A1 scabard  

M7 bayonet and M8A1 scabard   M7 bayonet and M8A1 scabard  

?

I've never seen one of these colt marked milpars in real life but i've heard they are quiet rare. Here is a site with some comparison pics Humes M7_03

It might be the photos or grease still on the blade but the finish looks a little darker than usual.

Well I'll be blowed Alex!!! your right!! I was on the look out for an M16 M7 Vietnam era piece, to go with my Vietnam collection and I looked at several at the fair that day.. some Korean made examples even a Solingen made German one!!??? but i just liked the look of this one... and the nice Colts stamp!!! Also the unissued condition had a little to do with it!! and when I asked the price... I expected it to be way over my budget for the day!! but when seller told me it was about the same price as all the others I had looked at and turned down!!!
    that was it SOLD!!!!

I only cleaned off the grease from the Colts trade mark!!! so the rest is still covered in a thick layer, but the metal itself is very unused/un-scratched and really dark black!!
    Last edited by austromunga; 04-19-2015 at 06:26 PM.

Hi all

After a trip out to the local militaria fair my collection of M7 bayonets has grown!!!
    I managed to pick up another two M7's and scabbards... both still with the early Colt's trades on the blades ( does anyone see a pattern developing!!)!!!
    top one is a West German made M7,with Colt's trades and one piece handle!!!
    middle one is the first one I bought ..the Milpar M7 with Colt's trades, with two piece grips
    and the bottom one is an early non maker marked ....unmarked + Colts trades= early Imperial made. same goes for the scabbard un maker marked = Imperial, another tell tale is the crinkle finish to the plastic of the scabbard....this also has two piece grips.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M7 bayonet and M8A1 scabard   M7 bayonet and M8A1 scabard