Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Model 1903 Turkish shortened bayonet, authentic and worth $90 price tag?

Article about: As the title says I was looking at this bayonet and was wondering if it’s real and worth the buy. It looks good to me and still has that ottoman class to it but I wanted you guys opinions

Default Model 1903 Turkish shortened bayonet, authentic and worth $90 price tag?

Model 1903 Turkish shortened bayonet, authentic and worth  price tag?Model 1903 Turkish shortened bayonet, authentic and worth  price tag?Model 1903 Turkish shortened bayonet, authentic and worth  price tag?Model 1903 Turkish shortened bayonet, authentic and worth  price tag?
    As the title says I was looking at this bayonet and was wondering if it’s real and worth the buy. It looks good to me and still has that ottoman class to it but I wanted you guys opinions on it because you’re all like gods to me. (Also if you guys have any websites you trust and use to buy war memorabilia please tell me, I’d really appreciate it)

MAP
    ?

Can't help on the bayonet but I've seen the prices on these all over the place. Mostly at local shows were they don't get the attention like a k98 bayonet does. Seen them being sold for $50 to $150 depending on the condition and dealer
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

I would agree. No doubt there are Turkish bayonet websites, but in the giant international pool of militaria collecting, Turkish bayonets are not that sort after, but that could mean reasonably priced. However I think even with these bayonets a cut down one, is probably less desirable that one in original spec, unless some provenance could firmly link it to some war time period.

M1935 conversion of M1890 bayonet with hooked quillion intact and universal scabbard . Blades were shortened to approximately 240-250mm. no?

?

since 1312 the date on blade is should be M1893 bayonet, 1894/5 should be the year conversion, same opinion its mostly a shortage of 30ies period. The ricasso and pommel is intact remained, so the price would be nice.