Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Mystery Socket Bayonet Help please

Article about: I acquired this in a small lot of accessories and have not been able to figure out what the correct model socket bayonet it is. The overall length of 23" and blade length of 20" sh

Default Mystery Socket Bayonet Help please

I acquired this in a small lot of accessories and have not been able to figure out what the correct model socket bayonet it is. The overall length of 23" and blade length of 20" should be a clue from research as it seems to be longer than most socket bayonets. The markings are not clear due to rust. It has a pointed tip and not screwdriver tip. I may have falsely ruled out Russian and Swiss as it seems like Russia adapted many of the Swiss patterns. I was using World of Bayonets and my Google foo with little success. All thoughts and opinions are greatly appreciated. I would like to find the correct home for this item.
    John

Mystery Socket Bayonet Help pleaseMystery Socket Bayonet Help pleaseMystery Socket Bayonet Help pleaseMystery Socket Bayonet Help pleaseMystery Socket Bayonet Help pleaseMystery Socket Bayonet Help pleaseMystery Socket Bayonet Help please

?

Similar models are known from late 19 century, there should be measured exactly blade lenght, socket lenght, diameter of socket internally, all other dimmension, for designation could help the details of marking, i dont believe is russian, as there are latin alphabet, so most real crown letters could be belgian, dutch or other country of western or nord (swedish) Europe. Swiss could be too posibility as quadrancular blade design. for them is not typical a crown letter proof.

This looks like a Dutch Beaumont bayonet. I believe this is the second model, as the ring is removable.

This was used on the M71 (geweer, klein caliber = rifle, small calibre).

I have a similar one that is marked: 374 B on the same spot. The other markings I do niot recognise.

Cheers,
    Emile

Thank you for the information. It is indeed a M1871 second pattern. I thought I had looked at all of the bayonets over 20" Greatly appreciated.
    John