Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Nice piece of Dutch Manufacturing KCB-70 "Stoner" Bayonet

Article about: I picked up a nice piece of Dutch manufacturing for their military forces. The KCB-70, (Knife-Cutter-Bayonet 1970) was made by Nederlandse Wapen- en Munitie Fabriek (NVM) below the Eickhorn

Default Nice piece of Dutch Manufacturing KCB-70 "Stoner" Bayonet

I picked up a nice piece of Dutch manufacturing for their military forces. The KCB-70, (Knife-Cutter-Bayonet 1970) was made by Nederlandse Wapen- en Munitie Fabriek (NVM) below the Eickhorn logo. There was a hollow in the handle that was made for the site adjustment tool. Most did not have them as Eickhorn made them for other NATO countries; so anything that would fit would be inserted. My example did not have anything in the hollow. These were made for the Stoner 63A1 Assault Rifle but would also fit any M16 of the time. In reality, this is an improvement (copy) of the Russian AK 47 bayonet.
    John

Nice piece of Dutch Manufacturing KCB-70 "Stoner" BayonetNice piece of Dutch Manufacturing KCB-70 "Stoner" BayonetNice piece of Dutch Manufacturing KCB-70 "Stoner" BayonetNice piece of Dutch Manufacturing KCB-70 "Stoner" Bayonet

Dos
    ?

Great piece! Still searching for mine. Seems to be in good shape to. Thanks for sharing..

Dos

When I read "stoner bayonet" ..... a completely different image came to mind

...then again, it IS Dutch .
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Nice piece of Dutch Manufacturing KCB-70 "Stoner" Bayonet  
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

John

Some more informations there:

Bayonets of the Netherlands (Holland)

I have a "towed" but still relatively well-preserved KCB70/M1 suitable for the M63A "Stoner" also the M16 and AR15 systems.

On the bayonet (on the blade) I could only find the commercial logo of Eickhorn as the only stamp.
    In addition, I believe the manufacturer's mark in the push button
    SHB (stands for: Schaeffer-Homberg G.M.B.H., Druckknopf- und Metallwarenfabrik, Wuppertal-Barmen)
    to be able to guess.

Due to the signs of use and wear, conclusions can be drawn that this bayonet was actually in military use.

The rivets for attaching the belt strap to the scabbard have been painted green, as has the rivet for the Feststellriemen (locking strap).

The components of the snap button for the locking strap are rubbed bright.
    The abrasion on the components of the belt loop and on other parts of the bayonet also indicate that the bayonet was probably subjected to "military use".

A "rack number" painted on the belt strap also confirms my assumption.

All metal parts are phosphated.

Nice piece of Dutch Manufacturing KCB-70 "Stoner" BayonetNice piece of Dutch Manufacturing KCB-70 "Stoner" BayonetNice piece of Dutch Manufacturing KCB-70 "Stoner" BayonetNice piece of Dutch Manufacturing KCB-70 "Stoner" BayonetNice piece of Dutch Manufacturing KCB-70 "Stoner" BayonetNice piece of Dutch Manufacturing KCB-70 "Stoner" BayonetNice piece of Dutch Manufacturing KCB-70 "Stoner" BayonetNice piece of Dutch Manufacturing KCB-70 "Stoner" Bayonet
    Last edited by Reibert; 05-14-2023 at 12:00 PM.

The dimensions of the KCB-70 M1 (Knife Cutter Bayonet):

Total length: 302mm
    Blade length: 174mm
    Handle length including crossguard thickness: 128 mm
    Thickness crossguard: 3 mm
    Blade width: 30mm
    Blade Thickness: 3.6mm
    MRD: 21.9mm

Nice piece of Dutch Manufacturing KCB-70 "Stoner" BayonetNice piece of Dutch Manufacturing KCB-70 "Stoner" BayonetNice piece of Dutch Manufacturing KCB-70 "Stoner" BayonetNice piece of Dutch Manufacturing KCB-70 "Stoner" BayonetNice piece of Dutch Manufacturing KCB-70 "Stoner" BayonetNice piece of Dutch Manufacturing KCB-70 "Stoner" BayonetNice piece of Dutch Manufacturing KCB-70 "Stoner" Bayonet

Here an M70-M1 showing both the commercial logos of Eickhorn and, (stamped underneath), NWM.

The Netherlands Arms and Munitions Factory (NWM) De Kruithoorn (Powderhorn) was located in Hertogenbosch in the south of the country.
    They had the rights to manufacture the Stoner rifle/weapon system under license.
    The bayonet was developed and produced by the Eickhorn company and is the ancestor of the KCB series.
    The Stoner System was not a commercial success.

Nice piece of Dutch Manufacturing KCB-70 "Stoner" BayonetNice piece of Dutch Manufacturing KCB-70 "Stoner" BayonetNice piece of Dutch Manufacturing KCB-70 "Stoner" BayonetNice piece of Dutch Manufacturing KCB-70 "Stoner" BayonetNice piece of Dutch Manufacturing KCB-70 "Stoner" BayonetNice piece of Dutch Manufacturing KCB-70 "Stoner" BayonetNice piece of Dutch Manufacturing KCB-70 "Stoner" BayonetNice piece of Dutch Manufacturing KCB-70 "Stoner" Bayonet

And here is another, heavily worn KCB 70-M1 bayonet:

Nice piece of Dutch Manufacturing KCB-70 "Stoner" BayonetNice piece of Dutch Manufacturing KCB-70 "Stoner" BayonetNice piece of Dutch Manufacturing KCB-70 "Stoner" BayonetNice piece of Dutch Manufacturing KCB-70 "Stoner" BayonetNice piece of Dutch Manufacturing KCB-70 "Stoner" BayonetNice piece of Dutch Manufacturing KCB-70 "Stoner" BayonetNice piece of Dutch Manufacturing KCB-70 "Stoner" Bayonet

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast