Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Norwegian/German produced model 94 bayonet

Article about: This is a Norwegian/German produced model 94 bayonet, the Norwegians were armed wth 6.5 Krag-Jorgensen rifles(THE GERMANS also PRODUCED THE RIFLE IN 1942 AND IT IS SUPER RARE) anyone on the

Default Norwegian/German produced model 94 bayonet

This is a Norwegian/German produced model 94 bayonet, the Norwegians were armed wth 6.5 Krag-Jorgensen rifles(THE GERMANS also PRODUCED THE RIFLE IN 1942 AND IT IS SUPER RARE) anyone on the forum have one of the 1942 parkerized rifles? Originaly the bayonets were produced with a long blade these were shortened by the Germans to conform with the legenth of the 98k bayonet (Sg84/98III). Later on durring the occupation the Germans produced newly made bayonets without fullers, at the Norwegian Krongsburg aresnal and proofed the bayonet with the wafenamt WaA84.. Here is a German produced bayonet WaA84 in my collection... Also pictured is a Norwegian M-94 Krag bayonet being carried by a member of the US 777th. Anti-aircraft unit in his jacket France 1944...BILL
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Norwegian/German produced model 94 bayonet   Norwegian/German produced model 94 bayonet  

Norwegian/German produced model 94 bayonet   Norwegian/German produced model 94 bayonet  

Norwegian/German produced model 94 bayonet  
    Attached Images Attached Images Norwegian/German produced model 94 bayonet 
    "As long as there are brave men and warriors the halls of Valhalla will never be silent or empty"

In memory of my father William T. Grist December 26, 1920--September 10, 2009..
    901st. Ordnance H.A.M. North Africa, Italy, Southern France....ETO
    Also in memory of my mother Jane Kidd Grist Feb. 22, 1920-- September 27, 2009... WWll War bride May 1942...

Default Re: Norwegian/German produced model 94 bayonet

This is an interesting bayonet, Bill. Very simple but beautiful design.
    I've never seen one before - they must be quite rare !

Regards,

Steve.

?

Very nice Bill,I`ve never even seen a pic of one of those before.
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

?

that is a super looking piece of equipment Bill ,
    REGARDS AL

We are the Pilgrims , master, we shall go
    Always a little further : it may be
    Beyond that last blue mountain barred with snow
    Across that angry or that glimmering sea...

?

Some pictures of my Krag bayonet, matching numbers. There is a little difference between the one made for germans and the original norwegian one, can you see it ?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Norwegian/German produced model 94 bayonet   Norwegian/German produced model 94 bayonet  

Norwegian/German produced model 94 bayonet   Norwegian/German produced model 94 bayonet  

Hello-I wonder how the bayonet & presumably its rifle ended up in France-as a non standard calibre I would have thought use would have been restricted to Norway where a large German army was maintained to the very end of the war-a very attractive piece though!

?

The rifle, Krag- Jørgensen was patented in 1887 and was the main rifle in the Norwegian and Danish army.
    It was also used in the American army. The caliber is 6,5x55 mm.

So the bayonet might have travelled across the atlantic with the soldier in the picture.

Hello-the US model Krag Jorgensen was in .30-40 cal and had long left service use by WW2-the Danish rifle was in 8mm x 58R-both types used bayonets that were quite different to the Norwegian type in the photo that was a souvenir found or captured by the GI in France.

Hello,

this is an old threat, but here are two of the first serial Seitengewehre 102(n) produced since 1942 for the German troops.
    Shorted M1916 to the length of a M1894, with phosphate finish out of 1942.
    This bayonets were taken out of the captured material and were rebuild at Kongsberg Arms factory.

Regards