Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

P1907 Hooked quillon Queensland Police bayonet

Article about: Hello all Finally got my hands on a unmolested P1907 Hooked quillon Queensland Police Q^P marked bayonet made in 1910 by Enfield which is also my first hooked quillon P1907. Unfortunately th

?

Default P1907 Hooked quillon Queensland Police bayonet

Hello all

Finally got my hands on a unmolested P1907 Hooked quillon Queensland Police Q^P marked bayonet made in 1910 by Enfield which is also my first hooked quillon P1907. It's marked Q^P 534. Unfortunately the scabbard is not Q^P marked but I am still extremely happy with the purchase as I've been hunting for this for a couple of years. Quite rare as there are only about 900 Q^P marked bayonets.

Any comments welcome

Alex
    P1907 Hooked quillon Queensland Police bayonetP1907 Hooked quillon Queensland Police bayonetP1907 Hooked quillon Queensland Police bayonetP1907 Hooked quillon Queensland Police bayonetP1907 Hooked quillon Queensland Police bayonetP1907 Hooked quillon Queensland Police bayonet
    Last edited by Alex W; 04-05-2015 at 06:45 AM.

The Queensland Police ones are always in very good condition, they often have the matching scabbard too...A very nice example mate..collecting them does become a bit obsessive once you have your first lol, one of my favourite items, and i dare say almost all Aussie collectors favourite..a good start mate

This looks like yours from a post in 2010 New here- Also 7 Swords/bayonets for identification

?

Well spotted mate. I think it's passed through a few hands since that post but it's found a long time home with me. I would still like one with a matched scabbard and a Q marked hooked quillon but if I keep spending money like I have been recently I will be very poor and probably divorced.

Lol my wife must be very forgiving..heres a tip,tell her its an investment for the future, and youre not wasting money on cars and other things that devalue. .worked for me

A very nice bayonet. I could do with one of these to go with my 1906 SMLE Mk1*** - funds permitting at some future date!

?

Quote by wizardman View Post
    Lol my wife must be very forgiving..heres a tip,tell her its an investment for the future, and youre not wasting money on cars and other things that devalue. .worked for me
    I've tried that line before but she says its not an investment if Im never planning on selling it.

Thanks for the comment Harry - its a pain when you're spending as much, if not more on the bayonet than the rifle.

MAP
    ?

Quote by Alex W View Post
    I've tried that line before but she says its not an investment if Im never planning on selling it.
    LoL....See my signature line........

Tell her it is not an investment for you but an insurance policy her when she finally drives you into the grave!!!
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

could be worse, you could have bought a Lithgow Quillon

?

Quote by wizardman View Post
    could be worse, you could have bought a Lithgow Quillon
    I don't think Ive ever seen a Lithgow HQ in real life. How much do they even sell for?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast