Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

RFI Made Enfield No1 Mk 3

Article about: This was the last and crudest made Enfield bayonet that I have seen. I have seen it marked Mk III but not Mk 3 before. This one retains most of its stove black finish and some type of rack #

Default RFI Made Enfield No1 Mk 3

This was the last and crudest made Enfield bayonet that I have seen. I have seen it marked Mk III but not Mk 3 before. This one retains most of its stove black finish and some type of rack #37. Interesting item in good condition related to its crude manufacture. All opinions and thoughts are appreciated. Thank you for looking.
    John

RFI Made Enfield No1 Mk 3RFI Made Enfield No1 Mk 3RFI Made Enfield No1 Mk 3RFI Made Enfield No1 Mk 3

As you say a rather crudely made Indian army version of the P1907 bayonet for the SMLE rifle. RFI is "Rifle Factory Ishapore" and this is dated 12/44, so late WW2. Post war this bayonet probably ended service quite recently with the Indian Police. The crossed out crown probably indicates post war independence, though still part of Commonwealth.

?

Very nice,
    Been around the block over time at least they get their moneys worth out of them.
    Cheers Rick