Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Show me your bayonet

Article about: My latest pick up

Default Re: Show me your bayonet

Quote by lithgow View Post
    ... there was also an extremely long (and rare) naval pattern m/1915 bayo for the carbine. ...
    Are they really that scarce ?

Yes, the naval pattern is a rare and valuable piece-the last true 'sword' bayonet, produced for naval troops manning coast defences.

Show me your bayonetShow me your bayonetShow me your bayonetShow me your bayonetShow me your bayonetShow me your bayonet
    Quote by lithgow View Post
    Yes, the naval pattern is a rare and valuable piece-the last true 'sword' bayonet, produced for naval troops manning coast defences.
    Found this M1915 in one of my ammo boxes.
    The condition isn´t that good, but the bayo owns it´s original frog !

BTW, this bayonet also was in use together with the swedisch 1945 pattern submachine gun:
    The development of the Swedish Submachine gun kpist m/45b
    Last edited by Reibert; 01-27-2012 at 03:29 PM.

Show me your bayonetShow me your bayonetShow me your bayonetShow me your bayonet-here we go

?

A friend of mine has a AK bayonet with 1991 and some Cyrillic letters carved into it, I'll get some photos and post them.

Nitram

?

Quote by Reibert View Post

Found this M1915 in one of my ammo boxes.
    The condition isn´t that good, but the bayo owns it´s original frog !
    o-0 dig it one more time! Lets see what else might come out of that box

Gday Fella's
    My TR Bayo's
    Show me your bayonet

Slotted Polizei Bayonet
    Matching K98 and scabbard
    Miss matched K98 and scabbard
    Have a good one

?

Hi,the scabbard and frog on the middle bayonet does not look german?
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

Quote by Aus der Traum View Post
    Wonderful Bayonets,

I will take this opportunity to, again, show my favourite bayonet.

The interesting thing about this bayonet is that it is a matching bayonet/scabbard (2290), however, the DATES are NOT matching.

This is an occurrence found with AWS (Horster) bayonets within the letter blocks 'O' through 'U'.

In 1944 Horster made some 75,000 bayonets in the letter blocks 'O' to 'U', with 1943 dated blades and 1944 dated scabbards.

One theory is that Horster made an over run of components in 1943, so there was a period of time that the bayonets had matching scabbards (manufactured in the early months of 1944) but had different dates.

Here it is,

Josh
    Josh,

That looks to be a very nice example of these exceptionally marked bayonets. Discussed at length some time back elsewhere, I would offer another explanation for this seeming paradox. The result of which was that after a fairly thorough analysis of all of the available data with multiple examples being looked at it, there was a much greater probability that there was simply a problem with getting the proper metal stamp tooling replacements, especially in 1944.

Some other examples: The single "4" dated Mauser rifles. And various 1944 bayonets with the single "4" dates, and even bayonets from one maker where the old "WaA253" Waffenment stamps were "recycled" by grinding off the "3" creating a "WaA25" stamp. My point being that it's more likely that the old 1943 date stamps for the blades were just pulled out of storage and used as is - instead grinding off the "3". And there is a little more to the research that was conducted like the time/steps it took to make a bayonet and its parts versus the scabbards. Where do you store 75,000 consecutively serialized bayonets from the "o" and "u" plus blocks (they reached "zz" in 1943) while waiting for scabbards - etc. etc.

Best Regards, FP

]
    Quote by zwerge View Post
    Hi,the scabbard and frog on the middle bayonet does not look german?
    Gday Zwerge,
    That is the matching serial bayo.
    When compared to my other scabbard this is no different in appearence.It's stamped 44 asw.My other scabbard is stamped fze 44
    I to have my doubts re the slab sided non riveted frog
    Show me your bayonet[ATTACH=CONFIG]299147[/ATTACH

Any idea's?
    All the best fella's
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Show me your bayonet  

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast