Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Stuff like this kills my soul...

Article about: Two hundred is a pipe dream unless you find one at a yard sale.

?

Default Stuff like this kills my soul...

Just found this page and wanted to share...
    WWI Trench Knife Kick Pedal

CBH
    ?

Gross

wow.. crazy man!!!

?

Looks like a nice ww2 era one ... look at the before and after of the blade, looks like he jacked up the original dark finish in a c-clamp or something probably when wringing the pommel nut off With a wrench. But that's just minor compared to the drilling. Probably threw the blade, sheath, and nut away too...

Maybe we ought to make a cool new toilet bowl from a vintage harley gas tank..... what's wrong with a repro if you want to do something like this? He obviously can't love the history all that much if he is drilling it out.....

?

That's a criminal waste in all sorts of ways. Quite stupid too, when you can get a repro knife for only USD19.99 (Trench Knife WWI 1918 Replica). Incidentally, although I like modified bikes, IMO this a poor idea which adds nothing except a little more weight and a little less functionality and looks rather 'wannabee bad ass' (!)

That's what I thought too, why didn't he use reproductions? What an idiot...

Quote by DrPMC View Post
    That's a criminal waste in all sorts of ways. Quite stupid too, when you can get a repro knife for only USD19.99 (Trench Knife WWI 1918 Replica). Incidentally, although I like modified bikes, IMO this a poor idea which adds nothing except a little more weight and a little less functionality and looks rather 'wannabee bad ass' (!)
    Makes a Hardly Ableson even slower with the extra weight!..

?

Total waste of a nice knife!
    Regards,
    John

It does look nice if it was a repro, and those are all over the place. Now a few questions; I dont think the guy is really a knife/dagger collector as stated, because in my mind no collector would do a thing like this, even if he had a box full of them. Am i right there?
    Second question is the price mentioned, 200 USD. I have never seen an original nice one sell for that price with its scabbard, any thoughts on that one?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast