Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Turkish bayonet M1987

Article about: Good evening, everyone. I ask for help in determining the purpose of reworking the bayonet. Turkish bayonet M1987 to the Mauser rifle. The guard is upside down. Can you tell me why this is b

?

Default Turkish bayonet M1987

Good evening, everyone. I ask for help in determining the purpose of reworking the bayonet.
    Turkish bayonet M1987 to the Mauser rifle.
    The guard is upside down. Can you tell me why this is being done? Is it just a mistake during the repair or because of something else? The photos are exactly like that.

Turkish bayonet M1987
    Turkish bayonet M1987
    Turkish bayonet M1987
    Turkish bayonet M1987

?

You mean probably M1887 bayonet, looks like strange blade and is possible the crosspiece was other wrong way with hook inside to handle not outside to the blade side, the grips are replaced in time, You should see the blade alingment on crosspiece under buffer.

?

Yes, my question is – why is the hook turned over? Perhaps such alterations are for other weapons?Turkish bayonet M1987

?

There was done wrong repair visible on brazing of the crossguard. Wrong way added crossguard. You should compare the other M1887 with this blade profile as the blade has no the typical ricasso stamping visible. I assume the blade was shortened and brazed into handle by this was wrongly added the crossguard. Compare where start the blade fuller?
    M1887 - Bayonets of the World

?

Yes, the blade is shortened (broken off) and soldered to the handle – this is noticeable in the photo. Therefore, the length is 510 mm, not 590 mm. I didn't pay attention to it right away. Thanks for the clarification.

Turkish bayonet M1987