Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Unknown bayonet

Article about: Hey guys! Looking for help in finding out the origins of this bayonet. I know nothing about it, but what I do know is this site has some amazing members who've helped me out in the past and

Default Unknown bayonet

Hey guys!

Looking for help in finding out the origins of this bayonet. I know nothing about it, but what I do know is this site has some amazing members who've helped me out in the past and I hope they can do this again many many thanks Unknown bayonetUnknown bayonetUnknown bayonetUnknown bayonetUnknown bayonetUnknown bayonetUnknown bayonet

My first guess based on shape would be spanish, likely for a Mauser 93? But not sure about makers mark etc.

It would be helpful to post a clearer view of the markings...

Hello!

When you click on the pictures it should have shown the photos in high resolution. Sorry about that. I have close ups here. Unknown bayonetUnknown bayonetUnknown bayonetUnknown bayonet

?

when there is 14mm MRD so this is a romanian M1893 bayonet, made by Steyr. Eagle is on pommel. I assume there is a letter prefix in front of serial already missing as overall piece was cleaned.

Once again Andy, thank you so much for your help

?

It would be nice to see details of scabbard hook, as there should be too romanian eagle.

Hello Andy!

This is the only marking on the scabbard hook or anywhere else I can see on the scabbard. Many many thanks Unknown bayonet

One thing I did think was strange is someone's ran a white / gold pinstripe down the outside of the scabbard all the way to the bottom and to the neck that loops around at the top of the scabbard. Unknown bayonet

?

That is a braz line as the steel plate was bent and then brazed together. Normal production of scabbard. The hook is marked only a Steyr production, normally it would have similar eagle on hook, so Your scabbard could be replacement piece.