Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Vintage Fighting Knives

Article about: Fighting Knives are a relatively new interest of mine, and I find that I really enjoy the learning involved...Here are some of my recent acquisitions...The knife with the wooden sheath is a

Red face Vintage Fighting Knives

Fighting Knives are a relatively new interest of mine, and I find that I really enjoy the learning involved...Here are some of my recent acquisitions...The knife with the wooden sheath is a Confederate Fighting Knife that I inherited from my late Stepfather along with other Civil War Artifacts...
    The knife in the center is my latest addition, and I suspect it's a WWI Piece...(?) Unmarked...
    The Private Purchase Dagger on the bottom has a copper-clad grip and the hand-guard consists of three stacked Bakelite Plates in Black, White and Red - Germany's former Imperial Colors - otherwise unmarked...
    Thanks for looking, Friends...
    Glenn
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Vintage Fighting Knives   Vintage Fighting Knives  

Very cool Glenn.
    when you said "vintage" you weren't kidding.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

Quote by GlennAgain View Post
    ...The knife with the wooden sheath is a Confederate Fighting Knife that I inherited from my late Stepfather ...
    Hi, Glenn,
    The crossguard looks pretty "new" to me.
    It looks like the crossguard of combat knives of the 1st, and, 2nd WW, German, or, Italian, also the workmanship of the crossguard doesn´t belong in the period of the american Civil War to me.

Also the design / "appearance" of the blade belongs (to me) to the next century.
    Vintage Fighting KnivesVintage Fighting Knives

This, particualar, knife and the knife in the center were, (IMHO), "theater made" and in military usage actually.
    The knife in the center could also be in use, or, manufactured, in WWII.

Thank You for your valued Input, Reibert...As stated above, this is a relatively new interest of mine and you could very well be correct...The knife with the wooden sheath has the Brass hand-guard riveted on, which is a feature that I have never seen on a WWI/WWII knife, besides the fact that it arrived with a few other Civil War Mementos...The knife in the middle is my newest acquisition and as you stated, it could certainly be either WWI or WWII - Which is just fine with me - A Good Deal for $35...
    My late Stepfather (Retired Lieutenant-Colonel) was related to Union Army Pvt.Alvah Kirk, now resting at Arlington Cemetery...His wartime letters "Blue Ghost: The Wartime Letters of Alvah Kirk" were posted online a few years ago by a friend of the family...Alvah died two days after having his lower left leg amputated after the Battle of the Wilderness in Virginia; The Army records state that he had 5 Cents in his pocket...His younger brother William -of whom we know very little- was wounded at Gettysburg and survived to be discharged in 1865...
    Thanks again for your insights! - As I mentioned in my original post, I really enjoy learning about these...
    -Glenn-
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Vintage Fighting Knives   Vintage Fighting Knives  

Vintage Fighting Knives   Vintage Fighting Knives  

Vintage Fighting Knives   Vintage Fighting Knives  

Vintage Fighting Knives  

Some of this knives are showin´ crossguards, made of brass, also:
    unknown fighting-knife

Excellent Photos, Thanks for the link! --Very Helpful!!--
    Glenn