Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

VZ24 with strange scabbard

Article about: I got recently this set - czech VZ24 bayo with scabbard, made under german occupation (has both marking dot and nr 43 on the blade). But my Q-n is about the scabbard. It´s definitiley not a

?

Default VZ24 with strange scabbard

I got recently this set - czech VZ24 bayo with scabbard, made under german occupation (has both marking dot and nr 43 on the blade).

But my Q-n is about the scabbard. It´s definitiley not a czech made - frog stud is different, scabbard is lacking rounded tip and it seems ca 1-2cm longer than needed for this bayo.
    So - could anybody say something about the origin of this scabbard?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture VZ24 with strange scabbard   VZ24 with strange scabbard  

VZ24 with strange scabbard   VZ24 with strange scabbard  

?

Bruno, Looks like you have a German WWI era ersatz scabbard. The only place it would have been marked is on the frog stud with a small inspectors stamp. Have a look under some strong light at different angles and maybe even some magnification, you may be able to find it. If not, no big deal as they weren't always marked.

Jim

?

Thank you!
    You are absolutely right and it is strange why I didn´t rekognize this simple fact myself..
    This scabbard has the same shape, details and measures as most of those 1WW german ersatz ones. And this is why it is 2-3cm longer than needed for 300mm long VZ24 blade - because most of those ersatz blades were somewhere 310-320sm long (as I checked from Niemann catalogue).