Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

what is this bajonet

Article about: I d'ont now ,what this is, i think an bajonet from the year 1800 plus, german pruisis??? you can tell me mor!! thanks

Default what is this bajonet

I d'ont now ,what this is, i think an bajonet from the year 1800 plus, german pruisis??? you can tell me mor!! thankswhat is this bajonetwhat is this bajonetwhat is this bajonetwhat is this bajonetwhat is this bajonetwhat is this bajonetwhat is this bajonet

I would say a Danish sword bayonet for a Jaeger Buchse.

I would say Prussian, the Hirschfanger M 1810 sword bayonet, fitted to a rifled flintlock.

Hello Anderson,

You're right. A Prussian M1910 Hirschfanger. It so happens that these were used in Denmark as the M1848.

Most likely a Prussian one, though.

Cheers,
    Emile

thanks for the replies, now i can look it up on the internet,regards

?

I would certainly compare it with period pieces, as the maker stamp and blade looks too shiny and strange, it could be that it was heavy polished. Same as there is something in the slot of handle, which there should be not on M1810 probably.

in the slot of the handle is a pin to hang ith on the wall,i forgot ith taken away when i took the pictures,sorry, the blade is not polished its in good condition.regards

?

Maybe its on pictures but there is minor patina on blade which should be minimum 150 year old, secondly as mentioned i would compare the marking with period pieces, never heard of using of german Fraktur alphabet on maker stamp? A or U & C.

A close up photo of the scabbard leather would be useful, as leather ages in a way brass doesn't. The metal work has obviously been cleaned and polished so it's lost patina, but worth remembering this model was widely manufactured in and around Germany up until about 1850.The Danes produced a version. One of my texts comments "Most are difficult to identify, and even Prussian Hirschfanger made before standardisation in 1835 varied greatly in detail and dimensions."

i post the foto's from the scabbard, that you asked,regards
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture what is this bajonet   what is this bajonet  

what is this bajonet   what is this bajonet  

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast