Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

WW2 German Czech S 24(t) Bayonet & Scabbard

Article about: I found this bayonet almost a decade ago and it has been a favorite in my collection ever since. It's not a perfect textbook example, but it still has some charm left too. The blade is corre

Default WW2 German Czech S 24(t) Bayonet & Scabbard

I found this bayonet almost a decade ago and it has been a favorite in my collection ever since. It's not a perfect "textbook" example, but it still has some charm left too. The blade is correctly marked with the "Double Circle" CZ Povazska Bystrica factory mark and the corresponding "Eagle A80" Waffenamt stamp. Near the Waffenamt stamp the number "11" is also stamped. The scabbard appears to be a Pre-War Czech made example that has been re-throated so that the pommel press stud faces outward like German produced bayonets. The frog stud is clearly stamped "E3 Lion 37" and would appear to indicate Czech military acceptance. The area in which the original spring rivet head occupied appears to have been "repaired" and refinished. There is a clear "34" stamped in this same area as well as what appears to be another number that has been lost just above it. The scabbard throat spring is now held in place by a retention screw on the spine, just as German bayonet scabbards. No Waffenamts can be found on the scabbard, though it does appear to have been modified to meet "German Spec."

I really find the Occupied Czech and Slovakian pieces to be fascinating for not only in their eventual military issue but also their story of production. I strongly feel it is an often overlooked field of collecting that is slowly getting more attention and appreciation, I am always happy to add pieces from this period and location to my collection. I would greatly appreciate any insights and information that could be passed along!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WW2 German Czech S 24(t) Bayonet & Scabbard   WW2 German Czech S 24(t) Bayonet & Scabbard  

WW2 German Czech S 24(t) Bayonet & Scabbard   WW2 German Czech S 24(t) Bayonet & Scabbard  

WW2 German Czech S 24(t) Bayonet & Scabbard   WW2 German Czech S 24(t) Bayonet & Scabbard  

Nice Bayo!!! I like it, always want to have one, congrats

Nacho

?

This is a slovakian state production piece S24(t) for Wehrmacht, the scabbard is a missmatch and german rework of normal CS prewar production. CSZB is the maker with plants located in Brno, Povazska Bystrica Slovakia and other places.

Thanks Andy, was hoping you would see this bayonet, I appreciate the information very much!

Hello,

Z in a double circle describes the plant Waag Bistrice, mentioned in German correspondence Waag Bistriz or Waagbistritz. The plant was part of the Brno Arms Works. The production of bayonets was outsourced there. Your piece was made in 1941/42. Early ones are marked WaA 607 and some still have a muzzle ring. Later ones, most of them, were marked WaA A80.

A matching scabbard was also produced for this purpose. Marked with the WaA 63 from Brno. Early ones with a large logo, later ones with a small logo.

Your Scabbard comes from an earlier production from 1937 and was revised from 1942. The scabbard was adapted to the German standard. Easily interchangeable locket and clamp spring with a side screw.

Regards

?

The term should be Waag Bystritz, which is german translate of slovak Považská Bystrica.